The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Climbing Homing Corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jamesogt Posted - 08/05/2013 : 23:52:25
I think I have found a new morph! A Climbing Homing Corn.

2/3 days after feeding I let her out of her Viv, to stretch and go number 2, she goes like clockwork.

The room is circa 14x14ft and she lives on the dining table, which is surrounded by 4 chairs. I have lived here 3 years and have never eaten at it ha.

So I take her out and put her on the floor, with the doors shut she has nowhere to go. She invariably follows the edge of the room, has a look under the sofa and coffee table and will then number 2 within 10 mins. I know when its coming as she stops still for 20 seconds and raises her tail, at this point I slide kitchen roll under her.

After this she sets off to the dining table, where she climbs one of the chairs, back on to the table and in to her viv. Sometimes she will climb the tv stand, but usually only for a few minutes before going back to find her viv.

Is she particularly talented or has anyone seen this before!?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 13/05/2013 : 07:19:48
That's a seriously well trained corn you've got James....you need to tell us how you've trained her so well . They are amazingly good at climbing....as you can see from this pic of Asher....

....and Kellog....

All of mine get 'free' range of whatever room I decide to take them into, usually the lounge....but I'm always within grabbing distance and most of the time I'm either stroking them or just resting my hand on them, to remind them that I'm there and they can't make a run for it .

Now I just have to sort out the toilet-training. They usually do it when they're out of their vivs, but also when they are in the most awkward positions for me to 'catch' what comes out !

Xxx
mjpeters Posted - 09/05/2013 : 23:12:58
quote:
Originally posted by jamesogt

I think I have found a new morph! A Climbing Homing Corn.

2/3 days after feeding I let her out of her Viv, to stretch and go number 2, she goes like clockwork.

The room is circa 14x14ft and she lives on the dining table, which is surrounded by 4 chairs. I have lived here 3 years and have never eaten at it ha.

So I take her out and put her on the floor, with the doors shut she has nowhere to go. She invariably follows the edge of the room, has a look under the sofa and coffee table and will then number 2 within 10 mins. I know when its coming as she stops still for 20 seconds and raises her tail, at this point I slide kitchen roll under her.

After this she sets off to the dining table, where she climbs one of the chairs, back on to the table and in to her viv. Sometimes she will climb the tv stand, but usually only for a few minutes before going back to find her viv.

Is she particularly talented or has anyone seen this before!?

Pictures pleaseShe is obviously happy and regards the room as part of her viv-well done on having a toilet trained snakey
andria2013 Posted - 09/05/2013 : 22:47:34
Albion is an escape artist I opened th glass doors to check around the viv today , and next minute Albion is already out of the viv and making his way down to the floor . he likes it under the viv unit in the corner , everytime he gets out he is always there, he goes down my sofa across floor and under unit . Robin likes to hide in your clothes , so glad Iclose the door so cat is never in there. or wud be bye bye frankie or bye bye albion n robin . only had them few weeks so not had them poop anywheer other than viv. albion even waited after his bath last time to poo..
Slink Posted - 09/05/2013 : 18:26:35
That's really impressive I would love to be able to do that when slink is older and bigger but the house I live in at the moment has way too many places (holes in walls) for her to hide in and I doubt I would ever see her again lol also that is amazing that you have yours trained like that I imagine it saves spending loads of time checking all around the viv to see if she has poo'd :D
scottishbluebird Posted - 09/05/2013 : 14:32:21
wow at least if she ever escapes, you have a much better chance than anyone else of getting her back
jamesogt Posted - 09/05/2013 : 10:35:08
Hiding when you are 5.5ft long is much harder!
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 09/05/2013 : 07:18:19
I'm impressed

The thing that impresses me the most is that you have got her "toilet" trained more than anything - I have had my pyjamas christened, the walls of the viv, the decor, you name it (and she gets out every day she can). I couldn't let mine out like that as she is in the bedroom and I have a huge built in wardrobe. And she is only 19" long!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000