The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Concerns over George

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Welshlamb Posted - 02/05/2013 : 18:49:28
Just brought my daughter wrapped in a towel downstairs from her bath and George bolted at speed from his hide smashing into the other end of the vivairum which is around 4ft.

He is usually very quiet and docile and hides alot. But now he's banging up against the glass mainly taking interest in my daughter. I opened the glass but he didn't do anything.

Is this me going crazy ?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Welshlamb Posted - 03/05/2013 : 15:34:59
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

It does sound that way Ashley. You need to remember that they can 'hear'/feel things in a very different way to us and its most likely he felt under threat as he was caught off guard. Also I think our corns just like to behave differently sometimes to keep us on our toes .

If you've only just moved him up to smalls then I would certainly do a few more feeds of them. Maybe pick the larger size smalls if you can. Is there a 'bump' when he's eaten? That's the best indicator as to when it's best to move up a prey size.

Xxx

I guess your right. He has a crazy character. Yes, there's a slight bump. Will do a few more feeds and see how he goes
Kellog Posted - 03/05/2013 : 14:51:54
It does sound that way Ashley. You need to remember that they can 'hear'/feel things in a very different way to us and its most likely he felt under threat as he was caught off guard. Also I think our corns just like to behave differently sometimes to keep us on our toes .

If you've only just moved him up to smalls then I would certainly do a few more feeds of them. Maybe pick the larger size smalls if you can. Is there a 'bump' when he's eaten? That's the best indicator as to when it's best to move up a prey size.

Xxx
Welshlamb Posted - 03/05/2013 : 14:20:14
Yes I think I may have startled him. Maybe I should up food size. He has been having 2 fluffs and last feed a small. He took it with ease, do you think I should up the food size?

P.s thanks all for the help
smart bunny Posted - 03/05/2013 : 10:51:58
I agree, sounds like something made him jump - maybe he's not smelt the shower gel before or something? Is he back to normal yet?
herriotfan Posted - 03/05/2013 : 10:35:31
I agree with Red123 and think you probably just startled him.
Has he settled down again now? Just give him some time to settle again.
Red123 Posted - 03/05/2013 : 10:17:22
It could be that you simply startled him carrying your daughter in a towel. As for feeding mine were all eating smalls by around 6 months.
ScalySituation Posted - 03/05/2013 : 07:08:59
Could you post a recent pic with something to compare sizes please? My two have only just gone on to fuzzies, he sounds huge for his age
Welshlamb Posted - 02/05/2013 : 20:43:46
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

At his age I highly doubt he's horny. What are you feeding him? maybe he's hungry

He has a small every 7 days ?
ScalySituation Posted - 02/05/2013 : 19:34:01
At his age I highly doubt he's horny. What are you feeding him? maybe he's hungry
Welshlamb Posted - 02/05/2013 : 19:15:01
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

That viv sounds absolutely huge for a CB12, my 12s are are only in a faun atm! I'm guessing he's just stressed with all the space

He's been in there for ages and has plenty of hiding spots. He has shown no signs of stress since the move. I was thinking it may be down to changes in season or breeding related?
ScalySituation Posted - 02/05/2013 : 19:08:31
That viv sounds absolutely huge for a CB12, my 12s are are only in a faun atm! I'm guessing he's just stressed with all the space
Welshlamb Posted - 02/05/2013 : 18:52:52
Never seen him act like this and he's trying to escape at all costs

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000