The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 male sad?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hayden764 Posted - 29/04/2013 : 20:30:13
I have a male corn what I have recently separated from a female so she doesn't become gravid ( pregnant )
but now he is taking a long time to digest his food and has not came out has often has he became hugely upset and if so any suggestions to help?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 02/05/2013 : 15:29:39
quote:
Originally posted by Foxtrotsierra

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Corns don't have feelings like that. Its horny, hungry, stressed and ill, that's about it, they don't feel sad nor companionship.

Sounds like my husband

Haha.
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 01/05/2013 : 10:02:31
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Corns don't have feelings like that. Its horny, hungry, stressed and ill, that's about it, they don't feel sad nor companionship.

Sounds like my husband
Sta~ple Posted - 30/04/2013 : 19:27:14
Kellog Posted - 30/04/2013 : 06:28:38
I'm so glad you've separated them Hayden , it's definitely what's best for them both. I agree with Herriotfan, although it will take time for him to get used to being without her. It's not a case of him 'missing' her, but more that he's been 'institutionalised' and is used to another snake being there. It may just take time for him to adjust, but it will be worth it .

How long ago was it that you separated them? How has the female reacted?

Just to double check, what are the temps in his viv? Is it heated with a heatmat, controlled by a stat and monitored with a digital thermometer? A thought....does he have enough hides and plants etc to feel safe? It may be that he's feeling strange being in a viv alone and not very secure, so more hiding places/plant coverage may help.

Xxx
herriotfan Posted - 29/04/2013 : 20:44:51
It could be that he's due to shed and is going blue.
A male snake wanting a female will normally be searching for a way out to find one, not hiding.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000