The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Moss hide

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boozysuzy Posted - 28/04/2013 : 18:30:15
After Cornflakes last shed which was a bit of a disaster, I made her a moss hide when I noticed she was blue. She went straight in it and has just had a fully intact shed. Post shed she went straight back into the moss hide.

My question is, should I leave the moss hide in her viv all the time? If so, how often should I change the moss? I ask as I removed her warm hide and put the moss hide on top of her heat mat. Is it oh to leave it there (it's a tupperware dish, with lid with a door cut into it)?

Thanks

Suzy
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jamesogt Posted - 29/04/2013 : 13:44:45
I have just used moss for the first time.

She recently went in to blue so I have added a small water dish full of moss to her hide.

Her shed is always OK but it does come off in sections, though I have put this down to her being quite big and there being rocks etc in the viv which may break it.

She has spent the last two days wrapped around the moss dish! I am guessing she knows what she is doing! I will update if it makes any difference to the shed.

Cheers
boozysuzy Posted - 28/04/2013 : 21:23:57
Thanks guys x x x
Moppet Posted - 28/04/2013 : 19:17:16
As gmac said, remove the hide for now. I only use a moss hide when my snakes are blue and only when they have had problems shedding the last few times
gmac Posted - 28/04/2013 : 18:49:54
remove it, all this will do is raise the humidity, which is fine for shedding, but could bring on RI and possibly scale rot.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000