The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Some people!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lozzy Posted - 30/08/2012 : 14:32:59
Just went to go get my months supply of mice, well walked out the shop and bumped into a woman who immediately gasped and went on to call me disgusting and inhumane! i laughed and said whats inhumane is feeding them live i'm just feeding my pets!!!

She demanded my phone number, which i willingly gave her along with my address and she said she was reporting me to the RSPCA i said 'say hi from me!'

Grrr some people are so stupid!!!!

Sorry rant over!!!!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
the iron orchid Posted - 31/08/2012 : 18:11:28
quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

Oh! Can I post this again?

http://www.veggieboards.com/t/105748/is-it-possible-to-feed-a-snake-with-a-vegan-diet

Try to discus without calling anyone a swivel-eyed loon...

ooo that irritates me.... >.<
btw, thoooose are the crazy vegans..
Thorne Walker Posted - 31/08/2012 : 16:59:41
quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

http://www.veggieboards.com/t/105748/is-it-possible-to-feed-a-snake-with-a-vegan-diet

lol so true.. ppl who do the same to their cats make me bonkers.

Irrational is irrational no matter what the dressing..
the iron orchid Posted - 31/08/2012 : 16:28:15
quote:

Have you watched KillitCookitEatit? I love that show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgKVg1uvwQQ

MMMM Beef...

Noo those things make me cry. But that doesn't say much, spiders in pet shops make me cry too.... lol

And no offence was caused at all, I'm just aware that the majority of vegans people have come into contact with are the crazy ones, because the sane ones don't feel the need to scream their eating habbits at strangers. We are by all means not the same.
Dancross0 Posted - 31/08/2012 : 16:10:40

Ell Posted - 31/08/2012 : 14:55:19
Oh, dont get me wrong, Im not a hater at all, I have many friends who abstain from meat, apologies for any unintentional insult.
The only people who have ever complained to me about frozen mice have however had such a food preference, at the same time though they are also the people who call me a murderer so I guess they are a tad extremist x.x
Jono2411 Posted - 31/08/2012 : 14:45:43
I always wonder why veggies and vegans don't have a problem with plant lives being sacrificed as well...
FYI my OH is veggie so I'm not a hater...
SteGore Posted - 31/08/2012 : 14:44:15
My wife had an issue recently with a now ex friend.
Recently turned vegan, and jumped on her high horse at the same time about feeding rats to our Boa.
(as we have had rats as pets in the past)
This is the same person who has a dog.What does she feed it veggie's lol.
Thorne Walker Posted - 31/08/2012 : 14:39:44
quote:
Originally posted by the iron orchid
At least the mice we buy are killed humanely and not bled to death like the animals some people eat.

Have you watched KillitCookitEatit? I love that show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgKVg1uvwQQ

MMMM Beef...
Freddiesmum Posted - 31/08/2012 : 13:10:32
re vegetarians. 3 of my friends are veggies and don't have this attitude at all. they are quite fascinated actually! I can't say the same for some of my meat eating friends however haha.
RSF Posted - 31/08/2012 : 12:48:37
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

Hm, I wonder if this woman would be standing in front of a supermarket or butchers having a go at people buying meat? Bet she buys a frozen chicken for herself - exactly the same as us buying frozen mice for our snakes, the only difference being the chickens are already gutted and plucked etc.. bit hypocritical, really.

totally agree with Rasee's post, many many moons ago I worked next door to a chicken processing plant... and she would have loved to should see how the poor chickens were handled and killed...thats was inhumane.
the iron orchid Posted - 31/08/2012 : 10:50:05
quote:
Originally posted by Ell

I usually get this from veggies and vegans...they like to point out their food preferances quite bluntly at the time to....

Just like to point out that i am vegan myself and we are not all like that! For myself, i don't see why animals should die to sustain me, as i can live happily without. But snakes are carnivores and that's nature. At least the mice we buy are killed humanely and not bled to death like the animals some people eat.
Dalymad2 Posted - 31/08/2012 : 10:32:09
I feed my Cat pouches of shredded,chicken,duck,rabbit, my dogs eat dried food this contains chicken or beef that has been made in to moist chunks, so there is no difference when i feed my snakes mice, what is wrong with people when something that is mashed up and comes in a packet seems better than a mouse that has been put to sleep.
The Parrot also likes chicken but only if its roasted (she`s fussy like that).
Ell Posted - 31/08/2012 : 09:31:09
I usually get this from veggies and vegans...they like to point out their food preferances quite bluntly at the time to....

I like to mention how many animals die from the rainforests being de-forested for their grains...
Jenn Posted - 31/08/2012 : 06:48:59
lol,
Coxy- thats because they are just bugs, not something that is fluffy and warm....
Razee- Agreed, some people dont think before they speak!

And last but not least, Good job.
coxymk2 Posted - 30/08/2012 : 21:26:25
Had nearly the same in my local petshop one saturday a mother and young girl said it was horrible the shop selling dead mice. The thing was they were buying live crickets to feed a lizard the mind boggles
Lozzy Posted - 30/08/2012 : 19:54:18
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

I've had the same problem in a large pet store. The checkout girl said it was disgusting that I was buying those poor dead mice, and that you can tell how they have been cruelly killed because of the shape of them in the bag. Have to say I was gobsmacked at her out burst especially as the shop sells snakes and obviously feeds them mice.

That really is shocking!!!
Red123 Posted - 30/08/2012 : 19:17:48
I've had the same problem in a large pet store. The checkout girl said it was disgusting that I was buying those poor dead mice, and that you can tell how they have been cruelly killed because of the shape of them in the bag. Have to say I was gobsmacked at her out burst especially as the shop sells snakes and obviously feeds them mice.
Lozzy Posted - 30/08/2012 : 19:14:49
Thanks guys im still like WTF!? now! lol Grrrr
Falice Posted - 30/08/2012 : 19:14:38
hahaha i love your responce! What a stupid cow though, I hate people like that! That's so bad to just start shouting abuse at someone you don't even know and about something that you clearly don't know anything about, I do wonder what goes through some peoples minds.
lupi lou Posted - 30/08/2012 : 19:06:09
the world is full of numptys! that said how rude is that to walk up to a stranger and start hurling abuse at them!! Do like the reply to gave her though :-)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000