The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Arghh Hate the waiting!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lozzy Posted - 28/08/2012 : 10:33:31
Star cleared from blue about 3 days ago and i have been waiting patiently praying i get to watch the main event for the first time!

Im going mad checking her every half hr...maybe more lol

Come on Star!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lozzy Posted - 30/08/2012 : 10:47:47
Oh yes there will plenty more opportunities i'm sure, in fact Orion has been hiding away for couple days himself so im sure he will go blue soon enough, well i hope so as im off on holiday on the 12th and iwould feel alot happier if i know they both had sheds while im here to check it went ok
Razee Posted - 30/08/2012 : 08:57:27
They ALWAYS know. They wait for that one moment when your attention is on something else,then they do it and don't they look smug afterwards! Maybe next time, then :-).
Lozzy Posted - 29/08/2012 : 23:53:25
Update: She did it! and i missed it been waiting and checking constantly then me nd the OH have an argument i storm off back to my parents get back and there is a nice whole shed sitting there and a Star looking at me with a twinkle in her eye going 'haha!' Doh! lol!

Razee Posted - 29/08/2012 : 13:59:49
Sound so familiar :-)
Lozzy Posted - 29/08/2012 : 12:09:51
Update: stayed up till awful time in the morning and nothing! Didn't even move from behind her hide so went to bed and luckly woke up to find her where I left her so todays another waiting game
Razee Posted - 29/08/2012 : 11:55:46
Isoldael, your two must be really relaxed in your company, or maybe just naturally laid back, or both :-)

It's amazing how much snakes characters can differ. My Bazil is very shy and nervous, Little T very outgoing and curious, asks to come out in the evening.
My nephew has got a corn snake, too ( my influence, I'm afraid ), and his is unbelievably tame. Out during the day, happy to come out any time, nice and calm when handled ( and always has been, since tiny hatchie ).

Must ask him if he'd seen his shed.
Isoldael Posted - 28/08/2012 : 22:55:53
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

Might have to get a snake cam... :-)

Mine almost always shed when I'm around to see it. Not sure if I'm just lucky or if they actually go for it when I'm there. Cam sounds like a great idea too! Maybe I'll try to capture Saphira's next shedding on cam too, she's due any day now :)
ScalySituation Posted - 28/08/2012 : 21:57:21
Lauren, if he's a youngun shouldnt be long now, they normally shed every 4-6 weeks when diddle
laurenc90 Posted - 28/08/2012 : 21:56:05
Oww I hope I see George shed, he last shed on 5/8 according to his records so I guess I have a while to wait
Ell Posted - 28/08/2012 : 21:23:18
Hehe I know the feeling, Ive never seen mine either and Ive had them years :P
Razee Posted - 28/08/2012 : 21:19:56
Wow, wish mine would do that. I tried once, caught Bazil out roaming the viv, rubbing on sides ( he'd been clear and ready to shed ) - but he shot into his hide when he saw me. I got him out, even had a nice, rough towel on my lap, hoping he'll want to use it. He just became so upset and desperately trying to escape, then freezing and not moving, and then trying to escape again.. I had to put him back in and ended up feeling guilty about it all, as he then sulked for the rest of the day and made sure he shed at night. So I gave up on that idea, but am still trying to at least see him shed. Might have to get a snake cam... :-)
Isoldael Posted - 28/08/2012 : 20:45:26
Last time Saphira was in the blues, I was handling her (she's used to being handled even when blue) and she rubbed against my fingers and shed right there and then, in my hands! Was really cool to witness - never knew the skin was so sticky right after coming off :D
Lozzy Posted - 28/08/2012 : 20:19:23
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

anytime, this brain is so wonderful it must be shared :P

hehe where's the like button!!!
ScalySituation Posted - 28/08/2012 : 19:58:27
anytime, this brain is so wonderful it must be shared :P
Lozzy Posted - 28/08/2012 : 19:50:41
ooh yea ill give it a go!! thanks scaly!
ScalySituation Posted - 28/08/2012 : 19:24:46
dont spose u got a baby monitor? put it in the viv and still watch tv and listen out for when she gets active and starts to scrooch
Lozzy Posted - 28/08/2012 : 18:47:08
She hasn't shed yet but im keeping a very close eye might just swap the tv and viv around
Razee Posted - 28/08/2012 : 18:41:39
Has she done it yet?

I NEVER saw Bazilisek shedding, though on a couple of occasions I only missed it by seconds ( little git )...

Saw Little Twiddler, the very first time, just couple of days after I got him. He was in quarantine in my bedroom ( good excuse to have him there, anyway ). Late at night I switched the light off, and shortly after I heard lots of little noises...It was him, trying to start the shed!
I switched on a tiny reading light, Little T just gave me a totally disgusted look and carried on...he kept yawning and pushing his open mouth against the tub floor.. disappeared behind stone and when he came out, had a little hoodie... The hardest bit was trying not to interfere, as he was having trouble. He rolled the shed into ever tighter ring around him, instead of just turning it inside out. It took him about 20 mins, but it took me about an hour to unravel the shed afterwards, to see if it was all there. And it was :-)

After that, he unfortunately wised up and sheds secretly, just like Bazil.

Hope you get to see her..
lupi lou Posted - 28/08/2012 : 18:34:18
good luck! i too am hoping to catch jinx shed, he's currently in blue. so far i have missed sheds by seconds am sure its a snakies conspiricy lol
Moppet Posted - 28/08/2012 : 16:46:23
Haha, I love 'scrooch'. Good luck for witnessing it! I've seen Apollo attempt to shed twice now but the one time he did it all himself, he did it when I was asleep. It's like he knew he needed help the first two times then wanted to show off that he could do it on his own. Haha.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000