The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 advice for sis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sue2012 Posted - 27/08/2012 : 00:47:28
Hi all in the middle of june my sister phoned me and asked if i could pick a corn up for her from someone she new that was selling him and asked if i could house him at my place till she came to visit and could take him home (she lives in wales im in wilts) well she came down 3 weeks ago and took him home when he was here with me he was the softeat snake i know he love coming out to play my son would come home from school and he would get him put not a prob well now my sis has taken him home she cant do anything with him she only has to look in the viv and he strikes the glass if she goes to hold him he strikes so bad most of his body come away from the viv he is an adult anake about 5 years old and about 3ft or so long she has put a sock in with him that she keep in her pocket all day he just show no change at all temps r all good lots of hides and green please give some idea on what to do ty
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 27/08/2012 : 17:27:10
she could try putting him in the bottom of her stack, it might not make any differnce but it couldnt hurt to try?
sue2012 Posted - 27/08/2012 : 12:07:15
She always claens hands befor she holds any of her snakes he is in the top viv on a 4 stack she has other pets bet they dont go in the same room with the viva when he was at my house he was in the bottom viv on a 4 stack i have a statty that was always looking in and it never bothered him he is a really nice snake and she dpnt want to have to rehome him but he juat dont seam happy
Isoldael Posted - 27/08/2012 : 10:17:41
Does she wash her hands before handling the snake? Also, could it be that she has unusually warm hands? I've found that my hatchlings struck at me a lot more if I'd just held a hot cup of tea :p.
paulie78 Posted - 27/08/2012 : 09:41:53
Thats very odd does she have any other pets that might be making the snake feel threatened or distressed eg dogs cats etc ?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000