The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 zoo med repti cage carpet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ean632 Posted - 26/08/2012 : 15:22:58
Hi, does any one use this substrate? I really fancy using something like this or the astro turf like okeetee mick uses.

I like the thought of having a few spare so I can have clean ones ready while I clean the soiled ones.

Your thoughts please
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 26/08/2012 : 20:48:57
thanks for the link
Okeetee Mick Posted - 26/08/2012 : 20:38:33
quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

okeetee mick is that astro turf or that display stuff butchers etc use? it looks fab, is it easy to clean?

Hi lupi, this is what I use.
http://www.expressgrass.com/selhurst-artificial-grass.php
lupi lou Posted - 26/08/2012 : 20:32:35
okeetee mick is that astro turf or that display stuff butchers etc use? it looks fab, is it easy to clean?
Moppet Posted - 26/08/2012 : 20:02:41
Personally, I prefer my snakes to be on something they can burrow in. I don't think Titan would be too impressed if he couldn't dig around in the substrate, he has made loads of tunnels in his
Okeetee Mick Posted - 26/08/2012 : 18:37:21
quote:
Originally posted by ean632

Hi, does any one use this substrate? I really fancy using something like this or the astro turf like okeetee mick uses.

I like the thought of having a few spare so I can have clean ones ready while I clean the soiled ones.

Your thoughts please

Only got the two Kings on this at present but I do like it. I sprinkle a little fine orchid bark to enhance the look.

lupi lou Posted - 26/08/2012 : 17:44:52
I change it once a week once they have pooed on it, it dries really quick. it is quite rough at first but once it have been washed it is much softer.
ean632 Posted - 26/08/2012 : 17:33:10
lupi lou, your set up looks great, I do like the carpet look, how often do you change the carpet for a fresh one, also does it dry quick?
Auld Baldy Posted - 26/08/2012 : 15:59:23
As above, my snakes like to burrow in the aspen or chips and act like hooligans.
Connies dad Posted - 26/08/2012 : 15:49:28
I use cage carpet for the gecko, it's dead easy if you've got a couple of bits, just swap them over and then clean the soiled one ready for next time. I don't use it for the snakes as its quite abbraisive and also doesn't allow them to burrow.
lupi lou Posted - 26/08/2012 : 15:37:40
I use the cage carpet and i love it! it is so quick and easy just take out the soiled and replace with fresh, it dries really quickly too. heres a pic of one of my fauns with it:

and heres my viv:

they cant burrow, but my guys are quite happy to sit underneath it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000