The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Still not shed :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Leeballleeball Posted - 25/08/2012 : 01:04:21
Been a week since he had blue eyes and still no shed

He also keeps pooing on me. Bloody hell it stinks !!

Does he just not like me or something haha
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rubi Posted - 25/08/2012 : 20:35:46
i had same thing last time rubi shed was over a week before shed after eyes went blue, i just left her to her self..never hold or feed when in blue as dont want to stress to much and dont think she would appreciate it lol.
Razee Posted - 25/08/2012 : 20:21:26
To Leeballleeball;

Please please be careful if you do decide to give him a bath... the water must not be " warm or hot ", it should be around 28 C, what feels warm to us would be over 37 C and can send the snake into temperature shock...
I had a very near miss like that ( or rather poor little Bazilisek did ) when I first got Bazilisek... he wouldn't poo for ages and I read it helps to give them lukewarm bath... so I carefully made a nice, shalow bath in RUB, got it what I thought was barely warm/ cool ( my guess was about 34 - 36 C ) not knowing that was too warm for a corn snake, especially as I picked him out of his cold hide...
Fortunately, I still held him in my hands, as I started putting him in...and he went rigid .
I immediately pulled Bazilisek out and after second or two he started moving around and was really, really angry.
To say I felt awful is an understatement. Especially as I then found out from this forum the water should have been around 28 C! I was very lucky he came to no harm ( and he did poo, too , probably out of the stress of it ! )

If you worry about low humidity, I would try giving the warm side of his tank a little misting
with water, that's usually enough...

Leeballleeball Posted - 25/08/2012 : 11:49:57
He has some moss in his second hide up the cooler end. I'll try moving his water bowl

Thanks
Okeetee Mick Posted - 25/08/2012 : 11:13:56
Agree with what's been said, just leave well alone.
paulie78 Posted - 25/08/2012 : 11:00:39
agree with the above you could also try adding a moss hide or raise humidty in his enclosure by moving his water bowel to the warm end or gently misting inside
viraleye Posted - 25/08/2012 : 10:47:37
Being in blue is stressing for the snake anyway so I agree with Donnie. Just leave them be :-)
Donnie Posted - 25/08/2012 : 10:36:50
I would just leave him to shed naturally, it can sometimes take over a week after they go clear again before they shed. All of mine hide away when they are in blue and I just leave them to it and you wake up one morning and hey presto they have done it.
Leeballleeball Posted - 25/08/2012 : 10:17:25
I get him out of his hide. He is never out of his hide.

Someone said about putting him in the bath

Is that ok??

I don't mean with bubbles and armbands. I mean about half inch of warm/hot water
Donnie Posted - 25/08/2012 : 08:51:33
You might be best leaving him alone until he has shed if he keeps pooing on you. It could be the fight or flight instinct kicking in as he wants to be left (flight in this case, poo on the big scary bald monkey and he might let me go so I can run). Is he out and about when you get him out or do you get him out of his hide?
Thorne Walker Posted - 25/08/2012 : 03:09:19
The exercise that comes with handling can 'work things loose'...

I find that humidity contributes to shedding, if it's dryer the shed takes longer..

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000