The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 maintance feeding of hatchlings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lupi lou Posted - 24/08/2012 : 16:04:59
I was wondering if hatchies being fed a maintance diet can have a long term effect on their growth? Jinx was on a maintance diet before i got him, which was changed to 1 pink every five days and he is now on 2 pinks every 7 days. He seems to be growing very slowly compared to 8 who is growing like a weed! Jinx weighed 15g when i got him and at his last weigh in he was 20g (6/8/12) I got him in april. i know snakes all grow at different rates so am i just being paranoid ?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 25/08/2012 : 09:14:25
thats put my mind at rest! think i was just expecting him to gain size a bit quicker once he was being fed properly!
Moppet Posted - 24/08/2012 : 23:22:19
Tiny compared to most 10 month old corns but not compared to Apollo, he was 17g at a year old! Poor little guy. Nice to know that there don't seem to be any long term effects of being fed (well, not fed really) a maintenance diet.
danny Posted - 24/08/2012 : 22:13:18
25g at 10 months that is tiny :) bless
coxymk2 Posted - 24/08/2012 : 19:34:39
I got liquorice at 10mths and he weighed 25g he moved up from 1pinkie to 2 and then 3 pinkies very quickly they were hardly leaving a bulge he kept growing well and he is now 15mths is 2 1/2ft long and weighs 125g so it seems to have had no adverse effects on him
lupi lou Posted - 24/08/2012 : 17:40:44
i changed jinx off the maitnance diet when i got him, so far he just dosnt seem to be gaining much weight or size, his shedding intervals have increased and he now sheds once a month he just dosn't seem to be growing much. maybe i might see a difference once he starts on fluffs
danny Posted - 24/08/2012 : 17:19:30
Motley was born on the 16/9/12 And is already at 19 grams I have always fed more than the maintenance diet.i personally do think this has made a difference as a believe tango is big for its age, I've got motley on the same feeding program as tango but started it at a earlier age than tango so shall have to wait and see but so far so good for a 2 month old snake at that weight.
Moppet Posted - 24/08/2012 : 17:14:43
Apollo grew quite slowly for the first month and a half, then he started growing quickly once he reached 25g and went onto fluffs. He if growing fast and sheds every 5 weeks even though he is over a year old. I think he is making up for lost time.
ScalySituation Posted - 24/08/2012 : 16:31:32
sonny grew rather slowly for the first few months, but since may ish its like he's been on the fertiliser!

He's putting on about 8g-15g a week!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000