The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 How often is too much?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cvondetten Posted - 24/08/2012 : 07:24:35
Just curious, can a snake about a month old eat more than one pinky at a time? I feed mine every 3 days ie monday then thursday. She strike feeds even though shes a mounth old and has a good appetite. Should i give her more than one a time?

heres a pic

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Isoldael Posted - 26/08/2012 : 11:38:53
Just look for any abnormalities in her behavior. If she doesn't regurgitate her food, acts weird or has other issues (such as weird feces) I wouldn't worry too much.
cvondetten Posted - 26/08/2012 : 07:42:50
Really im more worried from the fall she took when she escaped to get to the bin, about 4 ft i reckon, and the fact she had just eaten.

Should i worry or what would i need to look for ?
cvondetten Posted - 26/08/2012 : 06:26:34
Power feeding huh, never heard of that before, and the whole feeding every 3 days was advice from the pet store i got her from. Ok ill move her feeding to every 5 days. Her last feeding was last night and she managed to escape after she ate.

SHe kept the feed down but im worried since she got into the bin and might have gotten a little squished when i opened the top to look for her by the bit inside that moves. Would she vomit her food if she was?

Im gonna keep an eye on her for a couple days now, if she doesnt throw up then i suppose shes fine.

thanks guys
Lozzy Posted - 24/08/2012 : 18:05:43
As above change the feeding to every 5 days and the general rule is the prey should leave a bump in the snake and be no bigger than 1 and half times the widest part on the snake
Bluezombie Posted - 24/08/2012 : 18:02:53
It is suggested to feed your snake every 5 to 7 days. I personally feed mine every 6 days :-)
Jono2411 Posted - 24/08/2012 : 10:29:17
She is gorgeous, but as already said, every 3 days is too often, power feeding can cause problems such as uneven growth (the head doesn't grow as quick as the body) so I'd cut down to feeding every 5 days, this will also give you more time to handle her (as you shouldn't handle until 48hours after they have eaten... )
:)
Okeetee Mick Posted - 24/08/2012 : 09:50:38
Feeding every three days is power feeding, as Georgina says every five days is all they require.
Georgina Posted - 24/08/2012 : 08:10:41
If she's only a month old one is fine if it is still leaving a bump. Pinkies should be fed every 5 days to reduce the risk of power feeding x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000