The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Is this normal??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Leeballleeball Posted - 15/08/2012 : 14:00:24
I got Garfield on Saturday evening (11/08)

He hasnt moved from his hide sine (15/08)

I know its only been 4 days but is it normal?

thanks
lee
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 16/08/2012 : 23:01:17
Sounds normal to me. Apollo still doesn't come out when the lights are on, and if I manage to catch him out of his hide it is usually just to see the tail disappearing into it as he makes a hasty retreat! I've had him for 3months or so now.

However Titan, my tiny hatchling is so super confident he will be out and about even if you are stood right next to his RUB. I have seen him out every evening since 2 days after he moved in (apart from 2 days after being fed).

I think different snakes behave differently, like people. Garfield might be a shy snake or it could just be that he needs a little more time to settle in before he feels confident to be out and about.
cwblush Posted - 16/08/2012 : 21:34:19
Ace never comes out!! EVER!! lol
Anti social wee trout that he is ................ well they say pets are like their owners i suppose .........
naughtyboy Posted - 16/08/2012 : 18:05:40
got one thats aright exhibitionist always out usually draped over his log watching the world go by, one that dont care wether you see him or not is either out or in his coco shell, my other one is always hiding under his log
Ell Posted - 15/08/2012 : 21:46:40
Sounds normal to me, don't worry ^^
Lozzy Posted - 15/08/2012 : 19:05:54
Very normal, some of them just are shy, ive got one thats out all the time and one i hardly see
Falice Posted - 15/08/2012 : 17:11:56
As these guys said it's completely normal, It took Trevor weeks to come out of his hide when i was in the room.
coxymk2 Posted - 15/08/2012 : 14:35:20
They do hide a lot he's probably been out while you were asleep but don't worry it takes time for them to settle in and you will see more of him once he gets used to his new surroundings
jamesogt Posted - 15/08/2012 : 14:07:26
From what have read, yes. She may well stay hidden for 7 days or more while she settles in.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000