The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Shedding Regularity

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jamesogt Posted - 15/08/2012 : 12:47:10
I have been keeping all the records of feeding and shedding.

Since December 23rd, no previous written records,

Mon 27 Feb
Tues 10 Apr
Wed 16 May
Thur 21 June
Wed 15 Aug

She is a 5 year old adult at circa 5ft, if you see any of my pic posts you will see she is quite big. Eats 1 medium/large mouse every 12 days

Does anyone have any feedback or do you think this is 'Normal'...
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ell Posted - 15/08/2012 : 21:46:07
Mine have shed quite often this year, maybe it's been the odd weather..
jamesogt Posted - 15/08/2012 : 15:34:51
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy
If there are no other health issues then there is nothing to be worried about. I'd leave the favoured hide at the warm end if she is so attached to it. That's where she needs to be for digesting.

I generally knock the temperature up a degree for a few days after feeding...
Auld Baldy Posted - 15/08/2012 : 15:08:08
It's certainly the year for shedding. All mine have been shedding good style over the summer since it warmed up. There is no set period between sheds, it happens when it happens. Some will only manage 2 or 3 one year, then 4,5 or more the next.

My MBK shed perfectly and promptly went back into blue after only 3 weeks. Should have another for the skin collection in the next couple of days.

If there are no other health issues then there is nothing to be worried about. I'd leave the favoured hide at the warm end if she is so attached to it. That's where she needs to be for digesting.
jamesogt Posted - 15/08/2012 : 14:05:28
I was just wondering as some sites seem to say more like every 4-6 months for adults, where as hers is more like 6-8 weeks.

She eats fine, she is pretty inactive during the day in general. I am sure her set up is fine 25 cool, 27.5 warm, 2 hides, a hollow log and now several bits of plastic undergrowth which she seems to like and a big water bowl. 3 bags of substrate as she occasionally likes to burrow.

No matter where I move the hide warm or cold she follows the same one.

I just wondered what other handlers thought....

a33272 Posted - 15/08/2012 : 12:59:52
A few people have noticed more frequent shed this year myself included. Marmalade my adult shed start of July an is not in blue again. Am i worried...... nope she's in good health good size weight eats wells no signs of mites on injury which sometimes triggers frequent sheds.... just one of them things
jamesogt Posted - 15/08/2012 : 12:48:30
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24581

Are her pics...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000