The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 One step forward .....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cwblush Posted - 11/08/2012 : 10:21:11
I have a confession ................ I've been avoiding Ace after the whole striking incident

Its a bit difficult when I sleep in the same room as him but he doesnt come out much .......
Yesterday he came out for the first time in ages which was a bit of a surprise and I figured he must be hungry as he missed a feed while shedding and then only ate a pinkie the next week.
So after looking over all the advice l'd been given on here i looked out a rub (daughters tiny barbie craft box - emptied of course) and left out a fluff to defrost.
Woke up this morning and gardening gloves on open the tank, lifted the hide, waited for the strike ............... nothing?!
So lifted him and let him explore my hands for 2-3 minutes and then put him in the rub and put the fluff in.
Fluff eaten, snake explored round rub, left him in tub (with lid securely on - we've lost him once already) with daughter watching him to let fluff go down. Gave him 10 minutes and went back up, Scarlet (youngest daughter) greeted me with 'you can keep the tub, he just poo'ed in it and l dont want it back?!'
So Ace in nice cleaned out tank with full tummy and no drama???
He's more tempremental than I am?!
It could be a match made in heaven or a disaster but no matter what thank you for all the help!!!
Feeling a good bit happier now, especially having been so close to giving up!
Thanks!!!!

Caroline
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jono2411 Posted - 13/08/2012 : 10:03:47
Nice work, its always a good feeling to grow in confidence... :)
Jenn Posted - 13/08/2012 : 00:23:55
Thats awesome, I am so glad that he has started to calm and maybe recognized your scent and you feel better!
Okeetee Mick Posted - 12/08/2012 : 08:56:04
Good news
Lozzy Posted - 11/08/2012 : 20:00:39
Brilliant! that's great congrats!
lupi lou Posted - 11/08/2012 : 18:26:50
congrats, that is great news!!
coxymk2 Posted - 11/08/2012 : 16:41:56
Glad it went well just keep going it will get easier
QueenVic Posted - 11/08/2012 : 16:38:02
I think the gloves are a good idea, because even though it will not hurt you (I must have been bitten a hundred times by my hatchies this year haha) it gives you confidence.
If you are very calm and just pick him up he's more likely to be calm too.

Ive got a tempramental snake, he has been like it since we got him. Fine once he's out of his tank but he'll bite if he doesn't want to come out. Seems okay now I'm not bothered by his attacks lol, before I was a bit hesitant and I think he picked up on it.
I used to use normal cotton gloves lol! just make you feel a bit more confident.

Glad everythings going well though!
cwblush Posted - 11/08/2012 : 15:47:03
I sleep with the gloves and then leave one in his tank so they always smell of me lol OH found it a bit weird to begin with but has given up saying anything now
oakleyman18 Posted - 11/08/2012 : 15:23:59
That's great news! I would take off the gloves though, they might have smells which confuse him, and after all you want him to get used to you.

Also, a baby corn won't even be able to draw blood or hurt you in any way... So the gloves aren't really doing anything!
scottishbluebird Posted - 11/08/2012 : 14:51:46
good news
Moppet Posted - 11/08/2012 : 13:04:08
That's great news
Donnie Posted - 11/08/2012 : 11:29:34
Good news. All things have off days sometimes and some more than others, just keep at it and I am sure you will both be fine :)
viraleye Posted - 11/08/2012 : 10:50:09
That's fantastic news!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000