The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Heat Mats

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Daniel Wass Posted - 07/08/2012 : 09:53:42
Hi all,

Need to buy another heat mat as the current one died. Anyone know if its worth getting a heat mat with a thermostat?

The one I have at the moment is stuck the bottom of the tank, no signs of stress or cracking in the glass. Is it ideal to have one stuck on r just lay it on the desk underneath the tank?

Cheers
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jono2411 Posted - 14/08/2012 : 12:17:03
Habistat are my favourite.. never any probs :)

http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productmanufacturerssubcat.php?ManufacturerID=33&SubCategoryID=203

http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdetails.php?ProductID=2305&ProductGroupID=1134
Daniel Wass Posted - 14/08/2012 : 11:33:30
Hi all,

Cheers for the tips and such.

Any particular brands i should look for, for the thermostat and mat?

cheers
Okeetee Mick Posted - 10/08/2012 : 07:35:58
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

I believe Daniel means buying the mat and stat as a single unit, personally i'd say buy them seperate because if one breaks the other one will be fine, but if you have them in one, the whole unit would need to be replaced.

Agreed
smart bunny Posted - 09/08/2012 : 21:05:04
I don't know - I read it as that the op hadn't bothered with a stat 1st time round but was wondering whether to get one this time lol - so just in case that is the case.. definitely get a stat as well as a mat ;)
paulie78 Posted - 07/08/2012 : 12:58:27
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

I believe Daniel means buying the mat and stat as a single unit, personally i'd say buy them seperate because if one breaks the other one will be fine, but if you have them in one, the whole unit would need to be replaced.

I agree with that logic id assume he already has a stat anyway running the mat that needs replacing so id not shell out to buy a built in unit just seems like more to go wrong for me
NexivRed Posted - 07/08/2012 : 12:51:59
That's how I read it too, and I agree it's probably better to do them separately in case one breaks, or in case you want to change the size of mat at any time. It just gives more flexibility.
ScalySituation Posted - 07/08/2012 : 11:16:53
Sleeper341 Posted - 07/08/2012 : 11:12:10
I don't profess to be an expert as I'm new to snakes but yes you should have a thermostat with a heat mat or how are you controlling the temperature? If the mat is just plugged in to the mains with no control it will get too hot for the snake. You need to try and maintain the warm side between 27 and 29 degrees if possible. The mat will heat up hotter than this which isn't good for your snake. Do you have a thermometer measuring the heat on the mat?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000