The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 never comes out

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
viraleye Posted - 23/06/2012 : 14:31:03
Cyrus is currently living in a Rub and used to live in the bedroom. Because i felt like he was being ignored i decided to get a viv abd set it up downstairs so we can see him. Unfortunately he really didnt like it and it stressed him out so hes back in his Rub but inside the viv.

He never used to really be out but you could guarantee he'd have his head popping out or he would actually be out, but now he never ever comes out!

When i get him out hes happy as larry, but its just a bit of a character change.

In his viv is just a light and the viv is located in our front room.

Cyrus eats, poos and sheds perfectly.

Should i be concerned?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spreebok Posted - 24/06/2012 : 16:28:00
Take it out then, see if not having it at all makes a difference :)
viraleye Posted - 23/06/2012 : 22:23:05
The timer has just switched the lights off and he's now got his head sticking out of his leaves. Now can you see why i think maybe he just doesn't like the light?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
viraleye Posted - 23/06/2012 : 18:38:54
I got him out before and he really is happy as Larry.
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/06/2012 : 17:33:31
My 2 over 5ft adults don't really come out... They spend all day under the hide together and then at night they're all over the place lol

I wouldn't be worried, he is still young so there's even less reason to worry if my adults spend so much time hiding.
viraleye Posted - 23/06/2012 : 15:28:57
I know at night he comes out to play at night as i find the tunnels in his Aspen. Im happy he's healthy and there's no problems, it was just the character change
Spreebok Posted - 23/06/2012 : 15:19:32
He a snake, thats his problem lol! Chances are he spends all night zoominy around when you're asleep, so as long as he eats poops and shed I wouldn't worry :)
ted89 Posted - 23/06/2012 : 15:06:58
he might just have to get used to having people around then, if hes used to not seeing people that often to being in a room with lots of people going by he might just be shy :)
viraleye Posted - 23/06/2012 : 14:51:31
Its been a few weeks now though :-(

The only one thing i can think of is maybethe light? Its a white dioder light from ikea and im using three out of the four strips supplied.
ted89 Posted - 23/06/2012 : 14:33:38
im no expert or anything but he might just need some time to settle into the new viv.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000