The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 thermostats

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ted89 Posted - 23/06/2012 : 14:00:51
Hi guys, ive previously been told not to bother with thermostats, but since joining here and looking through some posts it seems like theyre a good idea!

ive been looking at the Microclimate Ministat 100, are these decent?because they seem cheap, also they're pretty alien to me do they kept inside the viv, or do they go outside? it may be a stupid question but the first time ive ever seen one was when i was browsing last night :/
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Matt Waters Posted - 24/06/2012 : 15:53:35
I had a microclimate supplied with my startup kit
But noticed it fluctuated a lot so changed it for a habistat pulse £25 BNIB off an auction website ;-)
And iv just gained a lot of peace of mind from knowing my snake has a constant optimum temperature
Fluctuation is less than 0.5 degree
I would definatley shop around tho as iv seen the as much as £60 while I was looking for mine

Good luck ;-)
voodoo Posted - 24/06/2012 : 15:31:44
I have a Microclimate 100, seems ok but does fluctuate a lot. a lot of people recommend the Habistat, so may be worth going for one of those. do you mean keeping the stat inside the viv? you keep the main box of it outside but put the probe inside touching the mat
paulie78 Posted - 23/06/2012 : 20:40:23
To be honest i have 4 different types of stats here a microclimate pulse stat for the royals a handfull of the habistats 2 of the microclimate and a komodo and i have to say no contest when it comes to the on/off type the habistats win by miles theres next to no fluctuation with the ultratherm mats that i use for all my snakes wheras like Pony the microclimates will soemtimes drop 6-7 degress before kicking back in the komodos pretty good thats running the mat for my kingsnake thats pretty steady the pulse stat obviously works differently and serves a different purpose and i get no flucatuation at all really with that so anyway sorry for the londwinded post but after a years experimenting Habistat gets my vote everytime lol (23 quid brand new on ebay!)
P0NY Posted - 23/06/2012 : 14:48:09
I bought 2 Ministat 100 for my vivs at first, they are fine but mine fluctuate a good 6 or 7 degrees Celsius :(

With my new Boa I paid a little bit more for a digital Thermo Control II TC-2UK, it has a couple of very nice options including different temps for day/night time and lights control and you can choose how far the temp is allowed to fluctuate!
Its only £30 on-line so I've bought them for all my vivs now!
ted89 Posted - 23/06/2012 : 14:27:44
cool thanks :) ill get them ordered today
NaomiR Posted - 23/06/2012 : 14:22:58
quote:
Originally posted by ted89

ive been looking at the Microclimate Ministat 100, are these decent?because they seem cheap, also they're pretty alien to me do they kept inside the viv, or do they go outside? it may be a stupid question but the first time ive ever seen one was when i was browsing last night :/

That's the one I got and it works well I'm really pleased with it, I do set it a couple of degrees higher than I need to though because it gives a slightly "false" readin but my thermometer is attached to the termostat probe so it's picking up the right temperature
gmac Posted - 23/06/2012 : 14:16:33
the mat plugs into the stat, the only part of the stat that goes oin the viv is the temperature probe the rest is outside.

Microclimate are fine never had any issues with them.
viraleye Posted - 23/06/2012 : 14:14:40
Micro climate are ok, but i prefer habistat.

Have a look through this;

http://iansvivarium.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=866

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000