The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Surprise surprise!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ozzz123 Posted - 16/06/2012 : 21:15:00
After I'd put my corn back after handling him, i came back in about 2 minutes and he was half way through his shedhe hadn't been in blue or had his colour dulled and there he was just shedding away it was a great birthday present does anyone know any ways of preserving the skin so it can be payed out? Suggestions appreciated
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hissyfit Posted - 27/06/2012 : 18:53:26
quote:
Originally posted by teenyfaetroon

Hi , we keep our sheds in a ring binder in plastic pockets with stickers .

I do very similar and keep them in a display folder with plastic pockets, and put snake name, date & age on the page the shed is in. I've just ordered 3 x 40 page folders so they have a book each
teenyfaetroon Posted - 27/06/2012 : 13:07:35
Hi , we keep our sheds in a ring binder in plastic pockets with stickers .
Ozzz123 Posted - 17/06/2012 : 17:32:26
I don't think a book I measured the shed and and it was about 3 foot 1!
Laws Posted - 17/06/2012 : 17:17:44
i used to keep mine in the draw but then we got more snakes and i thought hmmm i best throw some out! maybe a book if the shed is small enough?
smokeysfc Posted - 17/06/2012 : 16:53:34
thats awesome glad you saw it some good ideas for when i get a first shed thanks guys
Andrea49 Posted - 17/06/2012 : 09:59:56
I've got Kelloggs' first shed, currently around a pictured frame, but think I'll be getting a scrap book for him. I've already got a diary for feeds/poos/sheds, so may put it in the back of there... Although it would be nice to have it in a scrap book odifferent coloured paper. Might have to get creative!
lupi lou Posted - 16/06/2012 : 22:48:35
am like scaly; takeaway tubs for storing mine, although i will be trying out lotabob's method of straightening!!!
kdlang Posted - 16/06/2012 : 22:21:49
All my snakes have their own scrap books that I stick their sheds in and date. Its great to flick through and see their growth.
QueenVic Posted - 16/06/2012 : 22:11:08
I kept all of my twos sheds for about a year from getting them, then threw them all away cos there were so many lol
marc_sg Posted - 16/06/2012 : 21:55:36
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

To straighten a shed I lay it on a smooth surface hold the mouth bit open and blow into it, it blows up like a balloon takes out all the creases and twists then reduce the amount you blow bit by bit and it falls smooth and flat.

Ill remember that lol
lotabob Posted - 16/06/2012 : 21:40:46
To straighten a shed I lay it on a smooth surface hold the mouth bit open and blow into it, it blows up like a balloon takes out all the creases and twists then reduce the amount you blow bit by bit and it falls smooth and flat.
ScalySituation Posted - 16/06/2012 : 21:16:52
yay for viewing :)

i've just put sonny's in takeaway tubs lined with kitchen roll

Happy Birthday

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000