The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 poop worry

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Oscar Posted - 15/06/2012 : 23:04:37
sid hasnt had a poo in a while i noticed one when i cleaned out his viv earlier but that was dust so must have been an old one but other than that i havent seen anything :3 should i be worried?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a33272 Posted - 17/06/2012 : 10:25:48
Unless there's any unusual bumps or bulges etc from midway to vent I wouldn't worry to much. They tend to start bulging abit if there holding it or have impacted.
Oscar Posted - 16/06/2012 : 21:17:54
i have a heat mat which is regulated by the habitstat and i use the exo terra digital thermometer to check the temps and the sensors are directly on the heat mat, temps range from 27c / 29c and i will try that thanks
Auld Baldy Posted - 16/06/2012 : 12:45:04
What heating, stat and thermometer set up do you have?
Are you measuring with a digital thermometer with the probes on the mat?

You could take out the substrate and use newspapers for a couple of weeks. Any poop will be obvious and not just drying up and disappearing.
Oscar Posted - 16/06/2012 : 10:43:42
i have a water bowl and a dog bowl in there so he always has the option to go for a dip if he wants to. and maybe 3 weeks or even longer :|
Okeetee Mick Posted - 16/06/2012 : 08:06:30
How long has it been?
kev 5 Posted - 16/06/2012 : 07:36:07
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

Instead of plopping him into the bath just put a large bowl or container with barely warm water in the viv. That way he has the option whether to take a dip or not and won't be stressed. Some snakes will take to water, others will just freak out.

very true.you don't want to stress him out for no reason and some snakes really do not like it
Auld Baldy Posted - 16/06/2012 : 00:28:48
Instead of plopping him into the bath just put a large bowl or container with barely warm water in the viv. That way he has the option whether to take a dip or not and won't be stressed. Some snakes will take to water, others will just freak out.
Oscar Posted - 15/06/2012 : 23:14:16
he is his usual self and i just got him out for a bit as he usually likes topoopon me, but he didn't today will keep an eye on it though. and ive never bathed him heard it can be quite stressful for them
Katie.Dublin Posted - 15/06/2012 : 23:09:38
Unless he's acting out of sorts I really wouldn't worry. Give him a shallow lukewarm bath if you think he could be struggling but my advice would be to take him out and handle him over your best pair of jeans :) SPLAT!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000