The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Very worried.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ozzz123 Posted - 08/06/2012 : 21:18:36
My new corn didn't hasnt appeared for about 7or8 hours so I decided to have a light poke around in his viv, I checked under all his hides and pieces of wood and no luck i then had quick check under some of the substrate. There is only one place he could be and that's in the back corner behind his cave and under the foliage, he is not due a shed for about 3 months so that's unlikely the case and I am worried that if he is there shouldn't he have moved/woken up whilst I was looking in his viv? Is there any reason he could be being like this? :/
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a2c7 Posted - 09/06/2012 : 17:35:37
Aysha likes to wedge herself in the vent areas of the polystyrene backing, she's almost too big to do it now but one has foliage over it that conceals her more, gave me a heart attack the first time she did it, now she's always up there in the day and sleeps under her cork at night, predictable little beast.
paulie78 Posted - 09/06/2012 : 16:16:31
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

hehe they like to do that, just to keep us on our toes :)

Remembers when i brought eddie home it took me months to stop checking on him hourly lmao soo many lil anxietys that now i just dont give a second thought too lol eg the checking on them constantly or worrying if theyve skipped a meal or gone a day past their usual shedding routine lol
eeji Posted - 09/06/2012 : 15:49:44
hehe they like to do that, just to keep us on our toes :)
Spreebok Posted - 09/06/2012 : 12:11:37
Yeah, dont be shy about digging about to find them, aint gonna do them any harm :)
boozysuzy Posted - 09/06/2012 : 11:39:31
Cornflake always wedges herself behind the fake polystyrene rock backing in her viv. The first time she did it we thought she'd escaped. Now it's the first place we look for her. She really likes the small space so we just let her do it now.
smart bunny Posted - 09/06/2012 : 11:26:49
That's great news :)
Ozzz123 Posted - 09/06/2012 : 09:48:35
I decided to check the back of his vivand got very worried when he wasn't there then guess who appeared from under his cave :) I swear I could hear him laughing!
a2c7 Posted - 09/06/2012 : 07:34:54
Snakes are houdinis, they can get out and will get out of the most tiny gaps - even the one between the glass panels at the front of the viv. If I ever can't find my snake I keep looking until I do, doesn't matter if I get a tail rattle or snapped at, I'd rather know they were in there than escaped.
Ozzz123 Posted - 08/06/2012 : 23:06:27
I don't think he's got out cos theres no way he could got out unless he snook over my hand when I was topping his water up ;)
marc_sg Posted - 08/06/2012 : 23:03:06
Within that amount of time IF he has got out then he could find a nice lil hiding spot.
Ozzz123 Posted - 08/06/2012 : 22:28:33
I'm gonna leave him and see if I can see him later or tomorrow, if I've not seen him by tomorrow night I'm gonna take everything out.
marc_sg Posted - 08/06/2012 : 21:36:43
Then id pull everything out sobu can look properly for him.your better off to start with basics in the viv so u can keep an eye on him to make sure u can see if he finds an escap route. Then after a few weeks u can start putting items in again. I know its nicevto have a nice looking viv but security first id say
Ozzz123 Posted - 08/06/2012 : 21:32:30
He's in a 3 foot viv
Ozzz123 Posted - 08/06/2012 : 21:30:32
He's a yearling about 3 foot
marc_sg Posted - 08/06/2012 : 21:28:39
I wud empty the viv out and check the substrate. His probably hiden him self but u need to check. Also sounds to me if hes a hatchie then he may be in a viv thats too big for him and may have too much in there.
scottishbluebird Posted - 08/06/2012 : 21:28:31
Have a really good look,if you think he has escaped, new corns should be left for 7 days to settle, this is normal for them to hide
especially the smallest place they can, makes them feel secure

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000