The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Bath time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
copey1975 Posted - 01/06/2012 : 22:51:22
Do corn snakes like baths.....
I am asking coz my son garter likes to be put in the bath every now and then .
so was wondering
[URL=http://s1068.photobucket.com/albums/u453/copey1975/?action=view¤t=marthainthebartha.mp4][/URL]
Mark
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Elicia Posted - 02/06/2012 : 17:33:01
Only time Ive bathed Percy was when she escaped and we founf her under sofa. She was covered in dust and bits of fluff lol so had to put her in the sink (also made me feel slightly shamed at the amount of dust lurking under my sofa ha ha)
QueenVic Posted - 02/06/2012 : 01:38:20
yeah id just stick with a large water bowl.. its bound to be stressful for them as they dont have a choice in the matter, and its so unusual for them.

When i first got mine, i once had a major feeding incident (feel daft telling you all cos it was such a noob mistake) but I fed them both in the same tank.
as you may have guessed they both went for the same mouse, one either end, and started both eating it.
Silver ended up contricting round esphers head so i could get either of them off.

Resolved it by filling up the sink and putting the snake-mouse ball into the water.
They both released it immediately and started stressing out in the water.

Scary time... and so silly of me.
lotabob Posted - 02/06/2012 : 00:27:51
Yeah sticking them in a bath is for shedding mishaps and severe poo smeared snakeys, sticking them in for no good reason is not a good idea as they can get stressed out by it (Garters swim so its a different story for them). If you think they might appreciate a bath stick a large swallow bowl in the vivarium and give them the choice, my corn enjoys his large bowl, but rarely actually fully submerges.
Georgina Posted - 01/06/2012 : 23:30:39
mine have water bowls big enough to submerge in. they dont. midnight may have dip if shes due to shed. as i have been told happy is an emotion and therefore not felt by reptiles x
eeji Posted - 01/06/2012 : 23:22:30
no, they don't :)
copey1975 Posted - 01/06/2012 : 23:11:08
Thanx peeps
P'll give it a try tomorrow
lupi lou Posted - 01/06/2012 : 22:57:50
i've not bathed either of mine, but i have heard that some like it and other don't
tommy Posted - 01/06/2012 : 22:54:27
baths are particually good when your snake is in shed, it helps them a lot. so yes they do.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000