The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 lx48

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
adamasrc Posted - 26/05/2012 : 23:43:36
wondering if anyone has a lx48 from vivexotic and has had the same problem as i have had.. the front panels are wobbly as hell, i could poke one and it might fall out.. im pretty sure i've done everything correct but i dunno..

anyone know how to fix it?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dalymad2 Posted - 27/05/2012 : 21:18:39
Hi i have a 48 no problems , i would reccomend aquarium sealant as above , hope it works out.
Mamma Posted - 27/05/2012 : 16:53:34
i have 48s. No problems here xx
Sta~ple Posted - 27/05/2012 : 16:46:29
Turning the fittings the right way makes them lock, yes they do wobble a bit but your are meant to seal all the joints unless you wanted snake poo to get get into the cracks and rot it.
dam Posted - 27/05/2012 : 16:26:51
i have the LX48 and yes the bits at the top and bottom are wobbly if i put anything on top it pops down soa pain in re-doing the cam on it i think its just apoopdesign am gonna be sealing this week and see ith that holds it
Auld Baldy Posted - 27/05/2012 : 15:37:34
You should remove the snakes before using any adhesive or sealant and allow at least 24 hours for any fumes to clear.

Are you absolutely certain that the cams are fully rotated? The taper forked grip on the cam locates around 75% of the pin ball head. It should not be possible to just poke it out. Check that you are putting the full 135 degree turn on the cams. The last bit is sometimes a bit tight.
adamasrc Posted - 27/05/2012 : 15:36:59
ok cheers mate
paulie78 Posted - 27/05/2012 : 15:14:34
i used aqaurium sealant adam same stuff they use to seal tanks and build corals its super strong and reptile safe lol and only cost about 3 quid on ebay
adamasrc Posted - 27/05/2012 : 15:06:29
nah i mean the front panels that the sliders are on, the pins and the cam clamps are all in place properly, just i could poke it hard and the whole thing would fall out, wood glue time i think.

Is wood glue toxic? would it be alright glueing while snakey is in there?
Katie.Dublin Posted - 27/05/2012 : 11:03:28
I've the 48 :) Do you mean the glass? Make sure that the runners are the right way around. otherwise the glass will fall in! Switch the top and the bottom one and you should be ok!
Auld Baldy Posted - 27/05/2012 : 02:23:06
I have 2 LX36 and don't have any problems. Make sure that the pins which fit into the roof & floor panels are properly seated down to the shoulder. Also check that the cam clamp is properly rotated. If properly fitted and screwed up it should not be able to work loose.
sue2012 Posted - 27/05/2012 : 00:33:04
i got the 3ft ones as well and found that 1 comes loose very quick im always tightning the nuts lol
paulie78 Posted - 27/05/2012 : 00:10:39
Sorry dont have any of the lx48 got plenty of the lx36s though when u say the front panels do u mean the bits the runners sit on as ive noticed they arent too secure myself however the aqaurium silicone i used to secure them in place has resulted in a seriously strong bond cant budge em now!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000