The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Green Shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
a2c7 Posted - 25/05/2012 : 18:17:48
Hi guys,

Ara had a poor shed on the 9th of this month and I had to help him out of it. The scales underneath weren't their usual brightness either, but I thought his next shed would polish him up and vowed to give him more humidity for it.

Well his eyes went blue about 6 days ago and he shed last night, all in one piece. Once his eyes went blue I started misting his rub and tonight now he's shed I'll give it a full clean out.

The odd thing is that his shed skin had green tinges to it. I've binned it, not thinking to take a photo - oops. It wasn't all green, most was clear or dark but particularly the underneath bits of him had peeled off with a green 'rinse' in various places.

Has anyone else experienced this and is it right that he shed so soon after his last one? He seems happy enough - gave me a tail rattle when I was poking around in his substrate to find him earlier. He ate a fuzzy yesterday happily enough - his first, up from two pinkies. I'm inclined not to worry, but thought I'd best check.

Thanks!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a2c7 Posted - 26/05/2012 : 22:31:23
Hey, thanks for the pic Georgina - his looks like that normally, but this time the underneath was certainly green in places. I'll rub the plants tomorrow as he scoffed a fuzz not quite 48 hours ago. Using aspen as substrate, never had the green on him before and he's had the plants a good while.

I'm based in Taunton - quite a few people from Somerset on the forums I think.
Georgina Posted - 26/05/2012 : 20:14:32
paulie78 Posted - 26/05/2012 : 17:31:38
Im not to good with greens im a bit colourblind with reds greens and browns sometimes though you can see patterning on the shed im wondering if thats what your seeing why itd be green though ive no idea id take the fake plants out and rub them a bit with your fingers to see if any of the colour transfers to your skin what substrate are you uisng ?
As for the rather sudden shed it happens when they have a growth spurt nothing to worry about

p.s i noticed on another post your from somerset me too lol wherabouts are you ?
Georgina Posted - 25/05/2012 : 21:10:51
Mine are normals, I don't recall a green tinger, but they defo are not clear, I will dig one out later x
a2c7 Posted - 25/05/2012 : 19:35:31
But Ara is a normal corn, his previous sheds haven't shown any green. Wonder if he's spent too long in his leaves - they're the 'silk' variety so not plastic.
kev 5 Posted - 25/05/2012 : 19:32:01
my last anery hatchling shed the other day and the shed had black stripes down the lenght of it
Georgina Posted - 25/05/2012 : 19:14:38
When mine shed you can see their patterns, tis normal :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000