The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Male or female....that is the question!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Starmist Posted - 23/05/2012 : 11:17:02
Right! I went to my pet shop a few weeks ago to get some mice for Jake. The bloke who was there has his own snakes (even though they don't sell them at my pet shop) As usual he was curious as to what type of snake I had etc etc. I told him it was a corn, but was unsure on the sex. We discussed 'his' size. Jake has always been really long and thin like a worm and never seemed to bulk outwards! The man told me that's because he was a she... Apparently they tend to be thinner than the males?! Is this true?? 'He' has fattened up just lately, but 'his' neck is still rather thin compared to the rest of 'his' body. What do you guys think? Any truth in that?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 23/05/2012 : 13:05:57
NB: these methods are not foolproof, in many cases they are not like this, if you really want to know, get 'him' probed :)
KINGSIZESLIM Posted - 23/05/2012 : 12:45:58
apparently males tails run thicker for the first couple of inches past the vent where as females tail bases taper quickly starting right past that point

acording to the cornsnake manual by bill n cathy love.
Tasha89 Posted - 23/05/2012 : 12:26:46
Size doesnt indicate sex, however there is a myth about tail length aparantly a longer tail indicates it a male and a shorter tail for a female. I wasnt to sure whether this was ture so me and my friend measured all my males and my one female and she did a mathamayical equasion and it turns out from our findings that males do have longer tails. However the only way you will find out for definate whether your snake is male or female is to have it probed.
Georgina Posted - 23/05/2012 : 11:47:00
I had mine probed, and yes, lightning is male, longer and thinner. But generally the size is no indication on sex. X

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000