The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 shedding advice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KINGSIZESLIM Posted - 22/05/2012 : 16:14:45
hi

my snake went blue a couple of days ago.so i put a bigger water bowl in his viv and swapped his cool hide for a snake cave with damp moss but he stays in his warm end allday and doesnt use the moss hide.
his eyes have gone back to normal now. should i be doing anything else to help him shed

thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 22/05/2012 : 17:51:49
all i do with my snakes when shedding is move the water bowl into the hot end an mist the walls once or twice a day.
although with the royals i put a damp cloth ontop of their hot hide as they have had trouble shedding before.
i find the rat an bull snakes dont really need much help when shedding nor did my corn phoenix when i had her
a33272 Posted - 22/05/2012 : 17:21:39
One of them things with shedding if you have a snake that does well on its own all is good. But some do need help with moss box
Tasha89 Posted - 22/05/2012 : 17:13:14
O ok ive never had do that and i never have any problems...however will bare this in mind if i do has any problems
a33272 Posted - 22/05/2012 : 16:52:53
Bigger water bowl normally gets put over mat so humidity rises
Tasha89 Posted - 22/05/2012 : 16:40:18
I normally out a moss hide in only if they have issues shedding. But if you feel more comfortable having one in there all the time just place the moss box in the warm end with the hide. If the snake wants to use it it will if he is in the hide in the warm end he is obviously ok with being in there.

I have never heard of putting a bigger water bowl in whilst shedding, why do you do this KINGSIZESLIM?
a33272 Posted - 22/05/2012 : 16:30:31
When I put moss hide in I take warm hide out so has no choice but to use moss hide

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000