The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Shedding twice in a row, is this normal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sharon101 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 10:10:10
Hi, we have had our corn snake now for 4 weeks, and doing very well, he/she is very friendly, but within this first four weeks, he shed on the 2nd week, noticed that his eyes were a bit blue and he dulled a lot, he didnt feed for the first 2 weeks either but has now had 2 feeds, once a week. i have noticed this morning that his eyes have a blue tinge again and he has dulled. is this normal this soon. getting worried now.

also he is always sleeping on the cool side, but the temp is averaging on 25'c.

thank u.

x
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sharon101 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 18:34:56
Thank u so much, means a lot we did panic for a while, and like i say he has defo learnt his lesson...

xx
Donnie Posted - 21/05/2012 : 18:23:49
Lovely looking snake
smart bunny Posted - 21/05/2012 : 18:06:28
Oooh what a pretty snake! Don't beat yourself up too much about what happened - it was a mistake and your son won't do it again. Just make sure when snakey sheds this time that all the tail tip comes off properly and no shed is retained :)
Tasha89 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 15:56:32
You can get moss from the snake shops and just place in in a box gig enough for the snake to go in and the moss does not need anything doing to it before using it (apart from soaking in water and squeezing out untill no drips appear)

Shedding frequently after a skale injury is very normal, my corn snake lost a complete scale (i have no idea how lol) but he shed 2 times close to eachother and the scale was normal after this, i have always found if snake have problenms shedding bathing them in luke warm water helps a lot.
coxymk2 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 15:49:42
Beautiful snake, i have my two out most nights except for 48hrs digestion. They both seem to love it.
sharon101 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 14:03:43

hope ive uploaded ok... here is tango...xxx
sharon101 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 13:53:35
Ah, thank u, i felt so bad, i know my son regrets it totally and was crying for days. he is much loved and we need to make sure we do the right things. can i just get moss from a pet shop? does it have to be treated before i use it, or gardening centre?

thanks again, love this site, really great help.

yeah we leave him for 48 hours after feeding before we handle him, another thing i picked up from here..

thanks again.
x
Georgina Posted - 21/05/2012 : 12:40:15
Mine come out every day, that's not an issue. The reason why he has started to shed again is because he had damage and its a perfectly normal reaction. I wouldn't spray his viv, in fact I would clean it out and make sure its dry and just add a moss hide.

Your better that most people, you have activly sought help, where as some people would just ignore it.

Looking forward to some pics xx
ScalySituation Posted - 21/05/2012 : 11:03:34
as long as you leave him for 48 hrs after feeding i dont see that daily handling is a problem, i often have sonny out daily and i know others on here do too.
sharon101 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 10:56:22
yes she did have a minor skin damage, my son made a big mistake when we first got him, he got stuck in one of his toy trucks. i know bad thing, but he has learnt his lesson on this. my son did try and get him out and near the tail was a tiny cut, all healed now, but this was just before his first shed, and the tail has not completely shed correctly. could this be the reason. i have sprayed some water in the viv to bring the humidity up as will be getting some moss to see if that works, but thought i would try this out first.

you all must think omg what did he do, i think he worried and as the snake was stuck tight, he caught the snake on the end of the truck that was sharp, hence the small cut.

he is feeding ok, and due to feed again tomorrow, should i hold off feeding him, and i also think we may be handling him to much, as its like everyday, is this a problem?

thank u.
Georgina Posted - 21/05/2012 : 10:48:53
Has he had any scale damage, sometines that can force them into shed, or a big food increase?
sharon101 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 10:18:08
We are not sure to be exact but was told by the shop a year old we think. x
Georgina Posted - 21/05/2012 : 10:17:02
How old is he?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000