The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 starting to shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KINGSIZESLIM Posted - 19/05/2012 : 13:59:11
hi

my snakes eyes have gone blue. iv put a snake cave with some damp moss in his viv and a bigger water bowl.should i mist his tank aswell ?

thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a33272 Posted - 19/05/2012 : 15:31:06
quote:
Originally posted by KINGSIZESLIM

do you do that as soon as the eyes go blue or just if he/she doesnt use the moss hide?

thanks

I do it that way all time some snakes don't even need damp hides. But id rather do what I can to ensure a good shed than having to take action if they have a bad one
scottishbluebird Posted - 19/05/2012 : 15:28:41
We used to use a moss hide when Kellogs went blue till he shed, now though less paranoid and he sheds no bother without it. But when it was in he was never out of it!
KINGSIZESLIM Posted - 19/05/2012 : 15:09:52
do you do that as soon as the eyes go blue or just if he/she doesnt use the moss hide?

thanks
a33272 Posted - 19/05/2012 : 15:02:44
Moss wanta to be cool end or it will dry out really fast. As said I take out my hides an just leave moss hide in cool end. Never had a bad shed
KINGSIZESLIM Posted - 19/05/2012 : 14:58:02
he has three hides 1 in the cool end 1 in the middle and 1 in the warm end but iv swapped the one in the cool end for the moss hide. when i put him back in his viv he went in the moss hide for about 30 seconds then went back to his warm hide.

how many hides should i take out if doesnt use the moss hide ?

and should the moss hide be in the warm or cool end ?

thanks
a33272 Posted - 19/05/2012 : 14:15:15
Nope u should ffind he will find the moss hide an stay in there pretty much all the time until he sheds. Ifhe doesn't an take up hidding in his warm hide take them warm hide out so has no choice then

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000