The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Should I be worried?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sk8892 Posted - 18/05/2012 : 23:49:21
It's been more than two weeks since I brought the new snake home. I've done all that was suggested in my previous post. Even split the mouses head a little . I've continuously cleaned his water and left him untouched for about a week. He shed his skin about 8 days ago. Ive left the mouse in the cage for a day or two at most. Should u try live mice or leave it in longer?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sk8892 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 04:15:04
Alright thanks guys. And yep got the stat for the heating mat. And before I bought him he was being ded frozen rodents. To me the mice seem big for him but the mouse is a baby . And here in the states I got a frozen mouse for a buck. So if he will not feed from the feeding tongs I'll leave the mouse on a napkin for about 3 hours then take it out. But I will start leaving it in for about 24! I didn't realize they could go months without eating. I'm glad to know actually, I was worried id have a dead snake on my hands haha .
Georgina Posted - 19/05/2012 : 15:48:46
Haha I had written a whole paragraph, I must of deleted it by mistake. Sorry, didn't meant it how that was said lol

That's what I get for staying up too late x
gmac Posted - 19/05/2012 : 12:13:46
a few weeks is nothing to worry about, was he fed frozen thawed previously or was he a live feeder.

quote:
Originally posted by Georgina

never feed live food.

Bit of a sweeping statement, live is the norm in the US ;)
Sta~ple Posted - 19/05/2012 : 08:22:25
You have no need to be worried, specially if he fed before you got him :) Do you know if he was fed frozen or live before hand?

Did you manage to stat your heat sources and get the set-up correct? I know here in England the snakes think it's breeding season, not sure if the same would be true in the States and breeding season can make them go off food. Also, how often are you trying to feed him, you shoud leave mice in there 24hr max and try every week, no need to try every day.

I wouldn't try live at this stage, corns can last a long time without food though if he has fed live in the past, he may need kind of weaning or something onto frozen somehow.

Out of pure curiosity, live mice are pricey here in England (from what I have seen anyway!) are live mice in the States about the same price as frozen?
Georgina Posted - 19/05/2012 : 00:05:25
never feed live food.

how old is your snake.
what is your set up like?
Sk8892 Posted - 18/05/2012 : 23:50:40
It as in the mouse. I'm trying frozen mice.(in case some people are not sure). He's even just chilling under his rock a lot and staying to himself.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000