The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Thermostat and other questions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boozysuzy Posted - 18/05/2012 : 21:58:15
Just got my thermostat today after not being advised to get one by the shop, but after reading the posts on here, bought one as soon as I saw what excessive heat can do to a snake. Where do I put the temperature probe. Obviously it goes over the heat mat but does it go on top of or under the substrate (the mat is the other side of the glass)?

Also, we noticed cornflake has a bit of scale sticking up. It is still attached but sticking up. She has not yet shed with us so will this just sort itself out when she sheds?

Lastly, cornflake spends most of her time behind the polystyrene 'rocks' at the back of the viv (exoterra viv). Is this normal? Should I perhaps get smaller hides for her so she feels more secure?

Thanks x x x
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
viraleye Posted - 18/05/2012 : 22:33:17
i hate pet shops for not advising to use heat mats. One of local shops did that and when they left the customer for a minute i had to tell the customer to make sure they get a stat.
Georgina Posted - 18/05/2012 : 22:18:02
directly in the middle of the mat on the glass touching the mat x

should shed out x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000