The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 no stat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Andreamorey Posted - 26/03/2012 : 20:53:29
hi everyone we just bought two corn snakes and i spoke to someone on here yesterday who told me we needed a stat on our heat mat i have ordered one which will be here tomorrow the person i spoke to on here said to turn off the heat mat untill we have the stat which i have done but i am worried they will be too cold can someone please help i am very worried they are 2 adult males who have always lived together so we bought them both but we will feed them seperately and keep an eye on them i have read a lot of the pros and cons but because they have always been fine together so im not too worried about it we also have lots of hides so they have enough space
thanx
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gmac Posted - 26/03/2012 : 21:15:37
will be fine yes
Andreamorey Posted - 26/03/2012 : 21:12:34
Ok thanx we will have stat tomorrow but they are not due a feed till Saturday we have only had them three days and we are obviously waiting a week to hold them but will they be ok with us putting our hands in to put thermometer on the heat mat?
Thanx
gmac Posted - 26/03/2012 : 21:06:55
would just leave it off, is too easy to forget the mat is turned on so is always a possibility to forget to turn it off. A few days at room temp wont do them any harm at all.

Just dont feed them till you have the stat up and running
Corns7 Posted - 26/03/2012 : 21:01:29
Hi, they should be ok, being cold is better than being to hot.
Try maybe turning it on until it gets to 29-30oC and then turn of for the night. Try and keep the house warm and they should be ok until the stat arrives

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000