The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Any help would be great!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
philiciastar Posted - 25/03/2012 : 02:01:02
I have placed this on an old post.. but thought i'd make a new one just incase noone went to the old post.
HI all, i have a young corn who is about 7/8 months now, everything has been going great and she was eating and sheding well pooping well. and for the past 3 weeks she's not interested in her feed at all! i have changed different things like not handling her as much, warming feed up, poping so blood comes out ect, but nothing. she has not lost weight. but she is only tiny and i was not too worried to begin with thought ah its normal ect.. but just tried feeding her tonight and will be the third week she has not touched her feed! I've asked the local reptile shops where i am and they said nothing really apart from when shes hungry she'll eat so to speak =S (cheers great help) all temps are right and viv is ''perfect'' conditions.. I don't want to try live feed if i can help it! and tried all other way covered viv, placing it in a hide ect.. do you think assist feeding would be worth a try? Could it be the breeding season which has made her go off her feed even at her age? any help would be greatly welcome!!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
philiciastar Posted - 25/03/2012 : 17:52:29
Thank you Hissyfit and Mamma me too! =] Haha Smart i know! =P
smart bunny Posted - 25/03/2012 : 17:30:46
Sneaky little thing - she was waiting for her moment of fame on here! Glad she's eaten for you :)
Mamma Posted - 25/03/2012 : 13:19:51
great news xxx
Hissyfit Posted - 25/03/2012 : 12:46:31
That's good news, glad she's eating again for you
philiciastar Posted - 25/03/2012 : 11:32:41
One happy snake and one happy owner, she has eaten her pink! =]
philiciastar Posted - 25/03/2012 : 02:33:34
Ah, ok. Sorry i know i sound all over protected just all the years i've had my corns luckly i've never had any problems..lol. thank you for the help!
gmac Posted - 25/03/2012 : 02:26:58
one of our hatchies last year never ate for 4 months from hatching. I wouldnt worry till she starts loosing weight (10% is where we start to worry).

Just keep offering every 5 days for now.
philiciastar Posted - 25/03/2012 : 02:10:29
She was eating fine when she was shedding also.
philiciastar Posted - 25/03/2012 : 02:09:01
She shed not that long ago and i have kept handling to a min and all temps are fine... So how long do you think a young corn can go without till i need to start worrying? If it was one of my adults i would not mind so much as i know its pretty normal this time of year but there is nothing changed for her to just stop like this.
gmac Posted - 25/03/2012 : 02:05:00
there is no need for assisting nor live feeding, 3 weeks is nothing she may just be off food just now. The shop is right she will eat when shes hungry.

Kee an eye on temps and no handling till shes eating again, could just be something like shes in shed and not fancying foods.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000