The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 feeding time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisandrew Posted - 24/03/2012 : 14:50:30
ok so im gunna start feeding sid in my other viv just wanted to know how long should i leave him for after he ate the mouse to put him back in the main viv
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Georgina Posted - 24/03/2012 : 22:14:11
i wait until they are moving back around and they have their jaws back in line and then

i shimmy lightning back in, because he will eat your fingers if you try and pick him up.

midnight is more than happy to be picked up and put back in her viv

hero is the same, he prefers to feed on my hand any ways x
fuzd Posted - 24/03/2012 : 21:42:02
I wait until snakey starts wandering round the tub, then just pick her up and pop her in the viv. Try to avoid grabbing her near the tummy bulge and she'll be fine. No need to *****foot about; corn snakes are far more resilient than people give them credit for!
philiciastar Posted - 24/03/2012 : 18:04:40
I agree i leave mine in feeding tubs for half hour/hour.
chrisandrew Posted - 24/03/2012 : 16:16:46
ok thanks
Okeetee Mick Posted - 24/03/2012 : 15:44:12
I usually leave mine for a good half hour so they are out of feeding mode, if i go into the feeding rub any sooner my fingers are confused with food. Just pick them up very carefully and put straight back home.
lotabob Posted - 24/03/2012 : 15:04:40
I usually wait until the mouse stops moving down then tilt the tub and let them make their own way back that way I don't have to pick them up. But if you have to pick them up dont put pressure on where the lump is, its one of the rare times I'll pick them up my grabbing them closer to the tail and just put my hand underneath them for support.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000