The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Extremely Active?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 20/03/2012 : 21:32:36
Now I know that adult corns can become very active around this time of year due to the breeding season. However I was wondering at what sort of age a snake would start to act this way due to the breeding season. I have a 17 month old and a 15 month old that are displaying this behaviour. They have never acted like this before so could they be picking up on this time of year at this young age? They are trashing their vivs lol makes a change from looking at seemingly empty vivs though
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 22/03/2012 : 21:21:16
Lol!!
LarkaDawg Posted - 22/03/2012 : 20:29:09
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Spot hasn't realised but Duke my Royal (Pet rock) came alive for about 4 months, roaming like a crazy, felt like throwing the draught excluder in the viv and letting him go to town.

LOL! I love your royal jokes, they always make me smile!
lotabob Posted - 22/03/2012 : 19:19:33
Spot hasn't realised but Duke my Royal (Pet rock) came alive for about 4 months, roaming like a crazy, felt like throwing the draught excluder in the viv and letting him go to town.
Mamma Posted - 22/03/2012 : 17:50:28
Romeo is 2 in a couple of months... hes sexy dancing constantly too xx
Sta~ple Posted - 21/03/2012 : 14:12:30
mine are 2 years old and have just started this (they are feb 10 snakes) so last year I think they were just slightly too young? Or maybe I never noticed it as they were in small tubs, not in open vivs.
Auld Baldy Posted - 21/03/2012 : 14:01:12
Hard snake? I gave up and took the house brick out of his water dish. It was a waste of time and he was always using it for exercise.

I'll gladly drink I mean obtain another tube for him.
Hissyfit Posted - 21/03/2012 : 10:39:48
Lol, Mirkey must be one hard snake if he throws his whisky tube around, maybe he wants a refill?
Auld Baldy Posted - 20/03/2012 : 21:55:25
I don't know if it isn't just teenagers full of the joys of spring and not necessarily breeding urges. They might know that it is time for something but are not sure what exactly.

My lot are all mature. Mirkey perked up more than usual and trashed his viv and started playing at plough the furrows in his beech chips and throwing his whisky tube about.

Blaze has come alive after her last shed and I'm not sure it is just lust on her mind. Normally she is pretty docile, lurking in her hides and only prowls in the small hours. I've since put in some climbing log frame and it is like watching non-stop Formula 1 Snakes & Ladders.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000