The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 When do you feed a recently found snake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HisMogwai Posted - 17/03/2012 : 12:09:52
Hey i lost phoenix a few weeks back and just found him this morning =) he was in my printer, hardest few hours of my life trying to get him out =( So now that he is out and in his viv how long should i wait to feed him? I read that you shouldn't feed snakes if they are dehydrated but he doesn't look dehydrated but i'm not sure =S when he was missing i left water dishes in every room but i cant be certain he actually used any of them =S please help =)
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 18/03/2012 : 17:28:12
Glad you found him!! :D
scottishbluebird Posted - 17/03/2012 : 16:06:21
so glad you found him!!!
lotabob Posted - 17/03/2012 : 14:58:01
A pinch test on his neck is the easiest way to check for dehydration, you gentle pinch the skin and then let go, if it stands up then its dehydrated, it should return back to its normal position within about a second in a hydrated snake. A week is a good idea, to allow it to thoroughly warm up and get its stomach working properly as snakes stomachs shut down if they aren't being used.
Mamma Posted - 17/03/2012 : 14:49:51
glad you found him
nickyff Posted - 17/03/2012 : 14:45:18
if he's dehydrated the skin under his neck will be sort of puckered- can't remember where I read that.....

i bet he's been having sneaky nighttime drinks the whole time tho
glad you found him BEFORE you printed something!!!
tordyjo Posted - 17/03/2012 : 13:14:34
pleased you found him, the printer of all places, thank goodness you didn't use it!! advice as above really, treat him like new, allow him time to settle in without feeding or disturbing too much, hope he settles back in quick for you
HisMogwai Posted - 17/03/2012 : 12:50:21
quote:
Originally posted by georginasweeting

Give him a week to settle back in, as if he was new. Try not to handle him, change his water regulary and feed him in a week. Try him on small prey item and the give him his normal a week later x

P.s how did he get out? Have you coreected the problem.

Glad you found him x

Thank you this is really helpful =) He got out because my partner didn't properly secure the lid =S Just really relieved now hes back and ill always double check the lid from now on hehe =)
Georgina Posted - 17/03/2012 : 12:29:39
Give him a week to settle back in, as if he was new. Try not to handle him, change his water regulary and feed him in a week. Try him on small prey item and the give him his normal a week later x

P.s how did he get out? Have you coreected the problem.

Glad you found him x
Donnie Posted - 17/03/2012 : 12:25:10
Well done on finding him :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000