The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 wheyy first time i been bitten! :D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
darrkang3l Posted - 16/03/2012 : 22:31:04
myst was completely buried under her aspen as she loves to dig. i had been away for a day and really wanted to get her out. so i moved the aspen uncovering her and she freaked and went into the corner so i went to pick her up and she struck at me. no point in pic cause it was literally like she just headbutted me lol! two tiny barely visible marks on my finger. anyway i proceeded to show her whos boss and took her out and she was fine. abit flighty but shes not all used to me yet. i now know i shouldn't disturb her when shes under her aspen as she must like it there so i admit it was my fault! although now i feel like an AH and think it will take time to earn her trust again :(
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 17/03/2012 : 16:08:06
she will be fine with you, just trey not to startle her again!
Auld Baldy Posted - 17/03/2012 : 00:41:07
I usually give the front door a wee rattle with my fingers if it looks like any of them might be sleeping. They usually perk up with a look around and then I open and take them out.
nickyff Posted - 17/03/2012 : 00:27:27
it is tricky to spot a sleeping snake, when they cant close their eyes....

ive disturbed all mine and made them jump, cos at various times i havent realised the ultra-stillness was a kip in progress-

im sure yr already forgiven!
darrkang3l Posted - 16/03/2012 : 23:02:33
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

You probably disturbed her beauty nap, no wonder she freaked!

Head slaps don't really count for as much as a real bite and lock with spouts of gore. As it is your first we'll allow a temporary point until the proper qualifications are attained.

She shouldn't be too distrustful of you. You did the right thing by carrying on handling until she settled down.

couldn't agree with you more! yes let me have that temporary point for now! xD. i thought if i don't take her out shes just gunna get freak more next time i go to handle her lol. ile just be abit more considerate to her sleeping next time :)
Auld Baldy Posted - 16/03/2012 : 22:50:11
You probably disturbed her beauty nap, no wonder she freaked!

Head slaps don't really count for as much as a real bite and lock with spouts of gore. As it is your first we'll allow a temporary point until the proper qualifications are attained.

She shouldn't be too distrustful of you. You did the right thing by carrying on handling until she settled down.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000