The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 striking

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
discoverayl17 Posted - 15/03/2012 : 09:42:31
Hi everyone, I've had my corn snake from 3 months old and is now 3 years old, It is the most perfect snake ...eating, shedding, temperament. BUT just this week it has bitten my son and attempted to bite me, it is even trying to strike through the glass. Is this the time of year when breeding would take place and maybe making it tetchy? If so how long will it stay like that. Thanks for reading Ray
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 18/03/2012 : 03:03:53
This is snakes, its what they do. They are at best tolerant of us but not all the time, sometimes they want left alone and they will let you know about it. It may be due to the breeding season, possibly about to shed, it may be that the days are longer and the light is making him grouchy, could be something as daft as his hide has been moved and he feels exposed. Really the only thing you can do is check your setup, make sure you are providing the right temperatures, humidity, and sufficient hiding places the rest is down to the snake. I'd say give him a few days corns are placid normally and if its out of character and there are no obvious signs of illness or changes in his care then its probably one of these things that will pass.
One thing to remember though is if you are nervous about getting bitten again it will pick up on that and the snake will be nervous and more likely to bite so just relax its probably just a one (or two) off.
jimspook Posted - 18/03/2012 : 00:07:15
I found this problem when I first changed my viv, they almost seem to get more territorial. Not once did my little lady go for me until I gave her a new home.
smart bunny Posted - 15/03/2012 : 11:40:46
It certainly sounds like changes due to breeding season, assuming you haven't changed anything else like new viv etc. Check your temps to make sure your mat or bulb are still heating effectively, but otherwise I'd say it's just a waiting game. Sorry, I don't know how long it will last, I am new to snake ownership myself lol!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000