The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 heat mat placement

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
serena_08 Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:20:34
Hi again everyone. At the minute I have a yearling in a 2.5ft long glass tank, with a heat mat fixed underneath the glass. I am looking at moving him into a wooden viv with sliding doors as the sliding mesh top on his current one is bent in the middle and looks a bit trashy! Anyway, where would I place the mat in the new one? The mat looks like its strips rather than one complete piece if you know what I mean. And how would I cover it so he's not lying directly on top of the mat (if that matters)? I do have a stat too.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Georgina Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:37:16
win win xx
serena_08 Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:35:26
It is a 3ft one so I will buy a new mat too. May as well go for the whole 'new start' thing, gives me an excuse to 1. Spend and 2. Spoil Rufus :D and the worms benefit by receiving his old things haha. Win win. :)
Georgina Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:30:36
yup, inside. and i only put a sprinkle on and all 3 of mine move it how they like it :)

if your getting a 3ft tank a 11 by 17 mat will be fine, they are about 10 pounds on surreypets x
serena_08 Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:27:32
Thanks for fast reply :) to be honest I'm not sure how long it'll be before he's outgrown that mat, it's only about 8-9 inches long haha. So I just put it on the floor in new one?, I do put a sprinkle of aspen on it usually but within minutes he manoeuvres himself to push it all off!
Georgina Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:23:21
in the viv, as long as its statted doesnt matter if th snake sits on it. aslong as the mat doesnt cover more than 1/3 tp 1/2 of the viv. xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000