The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 New Vivarium

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
daveono1 Posted - 10/03/2012 : 03:36:37
I'm just about to move flat and it's also about the time that I upgraded my 2 corn's housing as they are just over a year old and getting too big for the faunariums.

Does anyone know where you can get black wood vivs or custom made ones? I like the black wood as it would go well with the new decor.

Any help would be great, i've googled it but not a lot comes up.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 14/03/2012 : 16:39:36
Lol, she is certainly stunning!
daveono1 Posted - 14/03/2012 : 01:16:39
who knows? I forgot to ask in the shop just bought her coz she was pretty. I posted he up in the Morph section and the guys there said half corn half pit aka a 'turbo corn' lol. I'm not bothered really just had to have her when I saw her
smart bunny Posted - 12/03/2012 : 21:23:10
Aww Cookie is adorable! What is maverick?
daveono1 Posted - 12/03/2012 : 02:04:30
After long and hard searching the local area (hertfordshire) i found some place that will do 2 4ft viv's and a cabinet underneath custom made in black for £310 including it being setup complete and having it delivered. I'm not too keen on painting it myself and overall think it's worth saving me the hassle doing the building and painting whilst moving. Just more stress i don't need to worry about.

Thanks for all the help as usual
Spreebok Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:14:58
Forget plasti-coat, FABLON IS YOUR FRIEND!
Seriously, ended up with a tabacco viv, so I got some oak effect fablon and covered it, has lasted over a year of constant use and abuse! :>
Only thing is to make sure any edges to the fablon are on the outside/inside the joins, it is sticky afterall :)
Redshift Spec Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:03:54
Any Colour Viv + http://www.toolbox.co.uk/plastikote-pkt1100-super-5562-95801?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=GB&utm_campaign=GoogleBase = Black Vivarium :) I've got a Vivexotic one and that is alright, quite cheap
Casta Posted - 11/03/2012 : 21:16:01
i take it buying normal ones then painting or staining wouldn't work?
Sta~ple Posted - 11/03/2012 : 08:38:45
If you do a search on google there's lots of people who make vivs who advertise on RFUK or maybe it would be better to search on there.

Could ask Daves vivariums if they could do it in black if possible?
http://www.vipervivariums.co.uk/price-list.html
mikeyd_26 Posted - 10/03/2012 : 23:19:48
leaping lizards in york sell them, bit pricey though
have a look at there website for contact info, they might be able to arrange delivery if needed
lotabob Posted - 10/03/2012 : 22:14:13
Kelf on TRP is selling a custom black stack, if your in the South it might be worth having a look. Its lovely.
kdlang Posted - 10/03/2012 : 06:53:21
I would have a look on ebay to see if there are any pieces of furniture that you could convert. It could work out cheaper than trying to source them.

Edit - Something like this although you might need to strengthen the back. You could get a piece of plywood and cover it with black vinyl like I did in one of my viv stacks.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Ash-Bookcase-/280838077662?pt=UK_Home_Garden_LivingRoom_Bookcases&hash=item416340fcde

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000