The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Highest fluctuations on thermometer?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
darrkang3l Posted - 08/03/2012 : 00:29:12
Hoi i just wondered in between what temps your thermo's read.

all day statted and tweaked loads mine goes between 26 and 31 max. is there something wrong? or am i just worrying too much?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Georgina Posted - 09/03/2012 : 11:46:19

It also depends how much your room temp varys and how well insulated your viv is, mine have wo sheets of glass that the mat goes between, and poltsyrene under neath so they don't vary much but heros rub varys 2 to 3 degrees as its not aswel insulated x
smart bunny Posted - 09/03/2012 : 10:08:28
I have 2 different habistat 100 stats, and they both vary by about 4 degrees, even though everyone else says theirs don't!
Donnie Posted - 08/03/2012 : 19:23:13
I have the same stat and get about 4 deg variation as well. Have mine set on 26 and it does not go above 29.4. I got a habistat for Sid (second snake) and that is much more accurate.
darrkang3l Posted - 08/03/2012 : 10:19:31
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

You will always have a minimum and maximum range for a basic thermostat. As long as the maximum does not go above 30 degrees on the thermometer you will be fine. The thermometer probe should be attached to the stat probe and placed on the middle of the heat mat.

yeah it is set up how you suggested. its hitting 30.4 atm highest ile keep trying to tweak it down. thanks
Auld Baldy Posted - 08/03/2012 : 01:20:03
You will always have a minimum and maximum range for a basic thermostat. As long as the maximum does not go above 30 degrees on the thermometer you will be fine. The thermometer probe should be attached to the stat probe and placed on the middle of the heat mat.

darrkang3l Posted - 08/03/2012 : 00:42:58
quote:
Originally posted by georginasweeting

Yeah they vary about 4 degrees, set it so it cicks on at 26 and leave it for an hour, if it goes about 30 turn it down but only by 0.5mm and leave it another hour and should be all good.

ile give it a try! thanks. although ive been playing around with it for days leaving it resetting it ect still no joy :(
Georgina Posted - 08/03/2012 : 00:38:39
Yeah they vary about 4 degrees, set it so it cicks on at 26 and leave it for an hour, if it goes about 30 turn it down but only by 0.5mm and leave it another hour and should be all good.
darrkang3l Posted - 08/03/2012 : 00:33:37
microclimate ministat 100. it turns itself off and drops quite a few degrees before it comes back on then goes right up and so on. ive been tweaking it for days lol! :(
Georgina Posted - 08/03/2012 : 00:31:31
What time of stat is it? Once you stop tweeking it, it will settle mine don't vary more than a degree

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000