The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 any aproximate ways to age a corn?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
darrkang3l Posted - 07/03/2012 : 01:06:14
As you all know i picked up my second snake today and the girl in the petshop diddnt know how old it was. any way i could try to guess?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mkmattyk Posted - 07/03/2012 : 18:13:14
you can only guess what year it was born, i suppose without any detailed records of som sort thats all you can do... sorry
coxymk2 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 17:35:42
You have got it wrong, you count the scales and divide by 12 lol
serena_08 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 17:34:14
My two worms are both 6 months, one is very light and small, whereas the other is loooonnnng and slinky. Supposedly from the same lot of eggs so... As said before, they all grow differently!
darrkang3l Posted - 07/03/2012 : 11:26:46
quote:
Originally posted by georginasweeting

From the size of her compared to the other the only estimation is she was a early hatchie and the others were late, as that ghost was teeny weeny! Cute as hell tho!

are you sure you diddnt see the weenie ghost lol. there was 2 mine was the much bigger one! :)
Georgina Posted - 07/03/2012 : 09:58:01
From the size of her compared to the other the only estimation is she was a early hatchie and the others were late, as that ghost was teeny weeny! Cute as hell tho!
darrkang3l Posted - 07/03/2012 : 01:53:06
is it not unusuall to have one that grows real quick compared to the others then? unless the pet shop put it in with the others even tho its older lol. maybe when i get some quality pics up someone could shed some light! myst is settling in right now tho :P
gmac Posted - 07/03/2012 : 01:46:11
is impossible to tell the age of snakes, so suggest best way to decribe it is a 2011 ;)

and yes months works lol half rings :d
darrkang3l Posted - 07/03/2012 : 01:31:14
its deffo not adult. it was the biggest one of the hatchies that had in the shop tho. although it does eat 2 pinkies every time. so cut it in half and count the rings. does that work for months? lol
gmac Posted - 07/03/2012 : 01:19:17
wise man once said "cut it in half and count the rings" think it was Lee our mod :d

other than that no im afraid not, especially if its adult.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000