The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 rub question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bbjay Posted - 26/01/2012 : 00:30:19
Hi im deciding to use rubs instead of fauns and was wondering if these rubs will be ok

they are 32l rubs and im going to be putting my 5month old corn in it

does she look too small ? Im going to put lots of plants and 2 hides in for extra coverage

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 26/01/2012 : 11:33:46
I was going to put two yearlings into 64ltr RUBS but was very concerned with gap all around the top of the RUB where the lid sits. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to use them. I have even cut some thickish cardboard that will fill in this gap creating a false lid but I'm still very unsure. Be VERY careful they can get through holes/gaps that you would never think of them being able to.
Georgina Posted - 26/01/2012 : 09:21:34
The 12l are a lot smaller but the bigger ones stil onlt have the sam amout of clips so the corners squeeze up, you wouls have to put something heavy that has the same surface area at the lid, and in turn reducing ventilation and light. As a short term it would work but as a long term pern enclousure I would go down the faun root.
Raycheroo Posted - 26/01/2012 : 08:47:38
We use 12ltr boxes from really useful box company and haven't had any issues....

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b12_0litre.php
sue2012 Posted - 26/01/2012 : 08:26:29
we used the same sort of rub for 1 of ours and lost it he managed to get his head in the gap just under the rim we used to see him try all the time but never thought he would get out lol def get a faun well worth the money for the sake of not losing ya snake lmao
bbjay Posted - 26/01/2012 : 01:14:09
Ok thanks for link :)
Georgina Posted - 26/01/2012 : 01:03:47
http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/exo-terra-faunarium-large-flat-46x30x17cm.html
Georgina Posted - 26/01/2012 : 00:58:56
i personally think it would be safer getting a new faun, they are cheap enough these days
bbjay Posted - 26/01/2012 : 00:53:42
The faun i have is cracked so not safe for my snake
Georgina Posted - 26/01/2012 : 00:50:33
i still wouldnt trust the little terror, is there any reason why your not going to use a faun?
bbjay Posted - 26/01/2012 : 00:49:35
The red one is a feeding tub and im gonna put something heavy-ish on top to make sure it cant be pushed off
adamasrc Posted - 26/01/2012 : 00:42:49
i use the first rub for feeding, make sure you dont just use the clips that are on the rub as they can be easily pushed off, is the red one big enough?
Georgina Posted - 26/01/2012 : 00:34:07
aslong as its secure, you would be surprised what gaps they can get out of, you need plent of wholes for venilation and there should be a gap if you are putting the heatmat under it. fauns tend to be more suited to the job. i reckon mine would get out of one of those rubs.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000