The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Damp hides

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smart bunny Posted - 24/01/2012 : 16:21:59
So, Corno's last 2 sheds with us have been a bit tricky, with her needing help with wet towels etc after not managing herself (we left her to herself for a few days 1st but she seemed to get it off her head OK and then no further) sooooo.....

She's due a shed and went into hiding yesterday so I wanted to put a damp hide in for her to see if that would help. I've got the moss so the next question is - Do I put it in the hot or cold side or both?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 25/01/2012 : 10:31:05
Oh I'm not worried about her hiding, it's her 3rd shed with us so I'm used to that, that's how I knew she was getting ready as she's usually so active lol! I hadn't thought about it raising the humidity in general, hopefully it will work - I'd love to come down to a shed snakey rather than having to help her again lol!
herriotfan Posted - 25/01/2012 : 09:03:07
It doesn't matter if she uses the hide or not, it's just to raise the humidity of the viv. You could also move her water to the warm side. Don't worry about her not moving and hiding all the time, that's normal for a lot of snakes during shedding. Best thing is to just leave her alone until she reappears all shiney and new and you're left with an empty shed!
smart bunny Posted - 25/01/2012 : 08:14:25
She doesn't sem to like it She's spending all her time in the cool hide and having just eaten I'm nervous about that - ah well, I'll give it a few days for her to get used to it, hopefully she'll change her mind lol!
smart bunny Posted - 24/01/2012 : 17:19:23
Thanks, I'll give it a go
Casta Posted - 24/01/2012 : 17:16:44
i generally put it in the warm side. i did have another warm hide in as well so she'd have the choice. I always use a damp piec of towel coz its good for rubbing too so it acts like a small sauna. i think others put in the cool side but it's worked brilliantly for me as casta's had some really rough sheds before the last which was perfect bar that bit by the kink in her tail. she was in it all day every day since i put it in. its up to you but it worked for me.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000