The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 angry snake.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
adamasrc Posted - 21/01/2012 : 18:46:46
just went to hold the snake and it went for me, first time she's ever tried to bite haha, seen tail rattling before but thats mainly after her meals or if someone other than me tries to pick her up. fed her wednesday so doubt its about food, anyone got any ideas?

oh and this hasn't put me off holding or anything, without trying to sound ignorant to possible issues, i think its quite cool the snake has some attitude, i picked her up after and she was fine
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 21/01/2012 : 23:55:52
I wouldn't worry about it. This sort of thing just happens, it could be for an obvious reason (feeding response, shedding etc), maybe you startled it or something as silly as you touched a part of the body they dont like to be touched, my corn has issues with his tail, doesn't like to be touched on the tail, my Royal has issues with his head, HATES been touched on the head.

The important thing is you didn't back down, you picked him up and it was fine.
CentricMalteser85 Posted - 21/01/2012 : 23:50:35
could be just because of the mating season (especially if you have a male anywhere in another viv nearby)

also if you have any pet rodents like rats, hamsters etc, she may have got a whiff of that

in regards to shed, if she shed few weeks ago, it doesnt mean she is or isnt due one. the reason I say that is, my corns shed every month bang on time, so it could be you missed her blue stage,

but dont know what else to suggest unfortunately, but dont let it deter you lol
adamasrc Posted - 21/01/2012 : 22:20:25
sorry for the lack of info - she was fed last wednesday morning so thats probably not the reason, she's 18 months old and her vivs the usual hide one end hide the other, plants etc.. the usual. temperature at the warm end ranges from 28-30 but today it had dropped to 25, thats sorted now and she's not due a shed, she shed a few weeks ago
kdlang Posted - 21/01/2012 : 20:44:35
Could she be due a shed?
CentricMalteser85 Posted - 21/01/2012 : 19:13:30
Hey Adam,

Would need a little more info in regards to age, setup etc, without this information I can only speculate.

Firstly I follow the advise of 48 hours to 72 hours of no handling after feeding, depending on size of snake and size of prey

Also, if it is a baby corn or small corn that you recently acquired then they tend to sometimes be agressive.

If it's adult, it could be due to mating season.

Other than that do the standard or checking viv temps etc,

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000