The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Handling, too hot?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Redshift Spec Posted - 20/01/2012 : 23:00:53
Hi Guys,

I'm back again with another Frank question. I've noticed whilst we handle Frank his breathing becomes quite deep. He isn't that bothered and I thought he was just getting out of breath with all the crawling etc. The bit that got me was whilst I had him out the OH changed his water. As she walked passed with it he reached out (at this point she turned around and offered him a drink) and he took a long drink (which was cool to watch). My question is this, is he getting too hot during handling and what can i do to counter that?

I know I promised stupid questions would stop but reptiles and snakes are new to me and well.... I'm a bit of a plank!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 21/01/2012 : 03:15:39
My Spot does this almost every time I handle him, in fact today he 'helped' do the water bowls today and he stuck his head under the tap and started drinking. I think they can smell fresh water and prefer it over water that has stood for a bit.
Redshift Spec Posted - 20/01/2012 : 23:01:29
Or am i being over cautious and Frank just fancied a drink?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000