The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 feeding advice please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
adamasrc Posted - 18/01/2012 : 21:08:22
just need some quick advice, just fed my snake, she's still on small mice not really leaving much of a lump.. looked like she was still hungry as she was going towards my finger after she'd eaten the mouse, going to try moving up to medium but in the mean time should i give her another mouse?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Simmy_82 Posted - 19/01/2012 : 20:08:01
Thanks Red. Was just wondering.
Red123 Posted - 19/01/2012 : 18:25:12
My smalls average at 12g and my mediums average at 22g so not much difference between two smalls and one medium.
adamasrc Posted - 19/01/2012 : 18:23:25
well fed her 2 yesterday, everythings good so i'll move up to medium next week :)
Simmy_82 Posted - 19/01/2012 : 18:15:49
Aren't two small move WAY bigger than a medium?
ScalySituation Posted - 19/01/2012 : 17:44:31
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

If you have quite a lot of small ones to use up then you could give her two. Some people like to feed two at a time of the current meal size prior to moving up to make sure their snake can digest a bigger amount ok. It's really up to you....

Like the sound of that :)
herriotfan Posted - 19/01/2012 : 17:38:00
If you have quite a lot of small ones to use up then you could give her two. Some people like to feed two at a time of the current meal size prior to moving up to make sure their snake can digest a bigger amount ok. It's really up to you....
Katie.Dublin Posted - 19/01/2012 : 16:30:13
Lotabob speaks the truth. When i moved my first snake up from pinks to fuzzies for the first time i nearly had a heart attack lol.
lotabob Posted - 19/01/2012 : 13:09:11
Yep just go up as long as it doesn't exceed 1.5 times the thickness of the snake, and then look away as its always terrifying watching them eat a new sized meal for the first time.
Red123 Posted - 18/01/2012 : 21:15:07
If its not leaving much of a bump then I would just try her with a medium when she is next due a feed.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000