The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Astroturf

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 16/01/2012 : 14:41:23
I'm coming up to the first monthly clean of the Viv, and I am thinking of switching to Astroturf, as I am sick of the Aspen getting everywhere.

Does anyone use Astroturf? My only real concern is that my snake likes to burrow and obviously Astro will deprive him of this. Will this lead to a stressed snake?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 16/01/2012 : 22:18:15
quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

Ha. Wait until you have a 4ft+, 700gram monster of a snake.

You'll want to go back to Aspen, or any loose substrate when they go.....

Or get a king... seriously that guy piles up substrate at the air vents so it falls out their, I open the door to do his water and he somehow flings substrate at me from the other end of the viv ._. I end up with substrate in my hair as its a stack and his substrate is about head heigh on me...

Could get a dog, they are always licking stuff up and they love eating poop.
Dancross0 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 21:54:10
Ha. Wait until you have a 4ft+, 700gram monster of a snake.

You'll want to go back to Aspen, or any loose substrate when they go.....
Spreebok Posted - 16/01/2012 : 20:34:08
Haha, welcome to keeping snakes!
n/a Posted - 16/01/2012 : 20:19:05
Sick of hoovering up and i've only had the snake 3 weeks! Just ordered that cage carpet stuff you mentioned. Gonna see how that goes!
Sta~ple Posted - 16/01/2012 : 16:28:14
Theres that cage carpet stuff where it gets popped on you put it in the washing machine :p

Another option is buy a hoover lol.
smiffy89 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 15:44:11
neither is wood chip from personal experience but thats another story,depending on quality of plastic grass the more flexible stuff isnt too bad actually
Red123 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 15:18:53
Can't imagine the plastic stuff being very comfortable for a snake. I wouldn't fancy laying on it all the time, too *****ly
smiffy89 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 15:13:37
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

Don't know that I would fancy having to clean the poop off astroturf, not from adult corn anyway. Alot easier to just scoop up the kitchen towel and throw away.

as long as its the plastic stuff then it just requires a quick blast with the shower head but if its the proper lawn stuff then i agree it could deffo be a pain
Red123 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 15:06:12
Don't know that I would fancy having to clean the poop off astroturf, not from adult corn anyway. Alot easier to just scoop up the kitchen towel and throw away.
smiffy89 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 15:01:09
i used astroturf in my old vivs as long as you provide some foliage eg,plastic plants/vines i cant see any problem.
i think the main thing is to give them an alternative means of playing hide n seek
Red123 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 15:00:59
I don't know about astroturf but I tried Auboise (same as aspen) and had problems with bugs in it (not mites) so stopped using it. I use kitchen towel now. They dont seem to bothered about not being able to burrow like they use to in the auboise. They are certainly not stressed by not being able to burrow.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000