The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Is my snake hibernating/brumating??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cloabsizz44 Posted - 12/01/2012 : 11:50:52
Hi, our 3 yr old boy, has refused to eat for 4 weeks now and for the last few days has buried himself under the substrate in his cool end and not moved! I know some breeders brumate their snakes but do some snakes do it on there own? Not sure whether to move him or what now, any advice would be appreciated!
Oh we've only had him since september so not sure what he's normally like this time of year.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cloabsizz44 Posted - 15/01/2012 : 12:04:36
Thanks for the advice :) He actually moved yesterday into his warm hide for a few hours, so thought id offer him a mouse, left overnight with him but nope, didnt want it. But not worrying too much now, i'll keep an eye on his weight and see how he goes :)
Just out of interest could the fact that we have a female snow, which we got xmas eve have anything to do with it, wether he can smell her or something?
Red123 Posted - 13/01/2012 : 12:21:03
I don't think I Would be to worried if he was mine. As long as he seems ok in himself then I would think that he is getting ready for the breeding season. All of mine young and old are spending most of their time in the cool end though they are still eating at the moment. This will all change in the next 3-4 weeks though as I have one that stops eating for 3 months during the spring. I would keep an eye on his weight , weigh regularly and as long as he doesn't start to lose weight try not to worry. I'm sure he will eat when he is ready to.
cloabsizz44 Posted - 12/01/2012 : 16:16:37
Oh and he last shed about 2 weeks ago with no problems in one piece! :)
cloabsizz44 Posted - 12/01/2012 : 16:12:50
Well he's in a 3ft viv, he's on aspen substrate, he has a stat controlled heatmat, the temps are 29 warm end and 18-20 on the cool side measured with a digital thermometer. My snake is 3ft, 3 yrs maybe a little younger and 251g when last weighed a few days ago. Urm not sure what else there is to say? Anything else needed?
Red123 Posted - 12/01/2012 : 15:32:38
You need to provide alot more details as to the set up your snake is in. Have a look here as to what info will help members reply http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13662

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000