The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 stats

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Georgina Posted - 08/01/2012 : 19:06:06
me again....

when i got my set up i borrowed a stat from a friend as the store i bought everything from didnt have one in stock. i was wondering what is the best stat mainly for the corns and for my heat mat. thanks.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Georgina Posted - 08/01/2012 : 19:53:58
i dont use bulbs only the mat, the terranim is glass fronted and topped so plenty of light gets in, and im only ever going to have corns so i think i will invest in one of those. i might see if the local shop can get one in if not ebay it is. thankx for the help guys. sorry to bug you all again x
LarkaDawg Posted - 08/01/2012 : 19:50:32
quote:
Originally posted by georginasweeting

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microclimate-B2-Pulse-Proportional-Stat-600w-/180757850777?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&hash=item2a1601ea99

like this one?

I'd say your good with that one! Although you can't use it with bulbs that emmit light.
Georgina Posted - 08/01/2012 : 19:32:53
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microclimate-B2-Pulse-Proportional-Stat-600w-/180757850777?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&hash=item2a1601ea99

like this one?
gmac Posted - 08/01/2012 : 19:29:14
if you go for a dimmer make sure the stat can actually run a mat, i know there is normally a minimum wattage required. Pulse stats are the best for mats
paulie78 Posted - 08/01/2012 : 19:27:14
I didnt assume youd use it without a stat just mentioning its a bit naughty of them to encourage people to use them without one lol
I think the general school of thought is that for corns and off off stat is absolutely fine all of mine are on off as i said though with the habistat stat i dont really get much fluctuation at all in temps
Georgina Posted - 08/01/2012 : 19:22:59
i didnt get this mat for this reason, i used to breed show rabbits (random i know) and i used to have it on standby incase they feed or the mum didnt want to know. so i kept it when i packed up rabbits and moved to a smaller house.

so anyways the habistats are better
do i go for dimming or will on/off work ok?
paulie78 Posted - 08/01/2012 : 19:16:00
Ive got the micro climate and the habistat mat stats and i have to say i find that the habistat one seems to have a lot less fluctuation in temps than the micro climate stat ive got a few of those ultratherm mats like yours in the pic on the supplied paperwork it suggests you dont need to use a stat with those in most cases but you do.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000