The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 wet hides

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Georgina Posted - 08/01/2012 : 18:39:59
hi everyone, me again with another question, but i would rather get everything right.

i got a new snale hide, the type with a lid they they go in the top of, it comes with moss, should i have a damp hide in all the time or just add the moss when they are blue?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Georgina Posted - 09/01/2012 : 22:48:20
Yeah I put some aspen in mine, I will see how their sheds go this time and if it seem like they need it I will dampen it. Thanks for your help guys x
Sta~ple Posted - 09/01/2012 : 10:36:59
I have the large one of them hides, I put some aspen in mine as I carnt put soggy moss in as she stays in the hide all the time.
Spreebok Posted - 09/01/2012 : 07:39:23
I used to pop some aspen in mine for Lister, when he was little, so he could still bury and feel secure. I don't now, as he's gotten a lot bigger and wouldn't fit if I put aspen in! The one time he has knocked the lid off was yesterday, and he proceeded to poop all over it :x
Georgina Posted - 08/01/2012 : 18:46:00
they both seem to like it, they have knocked it off once. thankyou for your help
lotabob Posted - 08/01/2012 : 18:43:50
I have mine empty. Cornsnakes dont need any more humidity than what is already in the air, our climate is similar to their natural habitats climate. A little bit of extra humidity during shedding is most of the time not needed but doesn't do any harm for the short time it takes them to shed and ensures they should have a good shed.

Good luck with the lid, my snake knocks it off every single time he goes near it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000