The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 not eating- play timing???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
meggi Posted - 06/01/2012 : 20:43:44
hi all, last week i posted on here about Tobasco not eating (now 4 weeks). I was reccomended not to handle him as it may be causing him stress. I didnt hold him for a week, however he still didnt eat . What should i d now?!?!!?!?!?! Should i still not hold him? However he looks like he wants to come out!

(sorry is this isnt eledgible english!!! ) meg x
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
meggi Posted - 07/01/2012 : 19:00:22
hiya all, thankyou all for your help x! anyway problem solved- woke up this morning and Toby is blue

Thanks all, meg x
Mort13 Posted - 07/01/2012 : 10:31:08
I never handle my snakes when fasting unless to clean out their homes,or to weigh them to check for weight loss. Personally I'd keep handling to a minimum till he's feeding again and has done a couple of times.
eeji Posted - 06/01/2012 : 22:51:50
i personally wouldn't handle any snake that isn't eating, just to be on the safe side
lotabob Posted - 06/01/2012 : 22:15:09
HAHA OK I think its safe to assume its settled in then.

If its just fasting for a bit handling wont do any harm, my Royal has been fasting for 4 months and I still get him out every now and again.
meggi Posted - 06/01/2012 : 21:05:31
i meant 4 weeks since he hasnt eaten. I realise that its probably down to hibernation and the mating seaon. I would like to to know whether to handle him or not xxx

thank you xxxx
meggi Posted - 06/01/2012 : 21:04:02
Hiya, ive had Tobasco since March 2009!
lotabob Posted - 06/01/2012 : 20:51:03
No handling until you get Tabasco feeding I'm afraid. You have to get them settled before putting them through the process of getting used to been picked up and handled, its stressful stuff for them and if its already stressed then its just too much.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000